LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, we have 4 people in Germany who either have a Goat ordered or have it here already. Mine will be here in about 2 months max.

We need to plan out some sort of get-together with lederhosen und BIER.

:secret:

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
Not quite qualifying for the Germany part, I do visit Switzerland quite a bit..

Forget the lederhosen, let's bring on the weis bier.

How about stopping by Basel this coming Thursday evening at the Fischer Stube, or some other place I can get to via the tram?

·
KBAS
221 Posts
Vas?

Basel... I've been here 3 1/2 years and my geography sucks. Basel is in the SW? I'm near Frankfurt... how far is Basel....
Ohhh... I've got some pics and a Vid of my neon undercar... but I can't upload or it takes to long and I'm impatient. I'll send in email if anyone wants.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bioinformaticus said:

How about stopping by Basel this coming Thursday evening at the Fischer Stube, or some other place I can get to via the tram?
So your Goat is in the states but you visit/work in Switzerland often?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
So the way my brain works I look at the thread title "Fur die Deutscher GOATS! and think I read "four german goats die" and think what the heck is that about?

:drink::drink:

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
So what's the plan stan? Thursday night? I'm busy...maybe Friday evening.

·
Registered
362 Posts
bioinformaticus said:

I love that weis beer!

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won't be able to make anything this weekend since I'll be out on an FTX.

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
Dear all, I am working out of my Swiss office through the next week. My availabilty to meet up for a beer or two would be next Wednesday or Thursday evening. I miss my GTO quite a bit, and the weather in Basel has been cold, rainy and gray, so meeting up with a few GTO aficionados would do my spirit some good.

I didn't even bring my ignition key, for fear it could be mistaken for a weapon by Logan or Zurich International airports security agents... so any of you gents show up with a goat (or at least the car keys), I'll buy you a stein of weis bier!

Thursday evening I could meet up in Zurich if that is easier for you gents.

All the best.

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
if you guys are in germany, why bother getting a US version? why not get the vauxhall monaro VXR, its a rebadged HSV! they look a hell of alot nicer than us versions IMO.

·
Registered
138 Posts
HSV_255GTO said:
if you guys are in germany, why bother getting a US version? why not get the vauxhall monaro VXR, its a rebadged HSV! they look a hell of alot nicer than us versions IMO.
I do like the look of them as well, but we won't be able to take them back to the states when we leave, and that's a lot of money for a car that you can only keep for a couple of years. Actually for those of us in Germany, I was talking to the local Opel dealer and the sales manager told me that a couple years ago, Opel wanted a V-8 car so they used I believe the Omega platform and out an American LS-1 in it!! He was trying to find some pics for me. If I get some I will post them up here.
As for meeting, I work 1200- 2100 tues through Sat. So meeting any day other than Sunday doesn't work for me, but it would be cool to get together. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Fast GTO said:
Okay, we have 4 people in Germany who either have a Goat ordered or have it here already. Mine will be here in about 2 months max.

We need to plan out some sort of get-together with lederhosen und BIER.

:secret:
You'll have 5. Holden's ex boss (Hannenberg) when he retired took a Monaro with him back to Germany

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
AnthonyHSV said:
You'll have 5. Holden's ex boss (Hannenberg) when he retired took a Monaro with him back to Germany
He doesn't count.

I'm heading down to Switzerland Saturday if anyone wants to tag along.

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
I am Switzerland from Dec 13-17. If any of you GTO guys in the military, I would be honored to buy you a drink in appreciation of your service to our country.

I am in Basel 13-16, and Zurich the evening of the 16th.

Best wishes

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
bioinformaticus said:
I am Switzerland from Dec 13-17. If any of you GTO guys in the military, I would be honored to buy you a drink in appreciation of your service to our country.

I am in Basel 13-16, and Zurich the evening of the 16th.

Best wishes
There is no way I can make it this time...sorry...

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
Hey GTO owners in Germany, I'll be at the Wartek bar in Messeplaz, Basel on Wednesday evening from 6pm onwards, and in Zurich on Thursday evening. I'll buy anyone several drinks for a good ole' fashioned Americaner burnout in Messeplaz!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Before you boys start roaring up the autobarn at 240 put a descent power steering cooler on you cars or the smiles will be short lived.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would but that is a bit far for having to go to work the next morning. Next week is a different story with half work days.

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
bioinformaticus said:

Never mind the Weis bier, I like Dunkel Bier. I work for a Swiss company, located just outside of Fribourg (Givisiez) - Fly BOS-ZRH on Swiss Airlines about 3x a year. Let's stay in touch, we might meet there better than at a NE meet! (haha sarcastic comment there) Next visit is arrive ZRH Jan 30, then maybe April timeframe.....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts