LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone!

new member here, mike orofino from southington, ct. i am the vice president of the Connecticut Club Grand Prix (http://www.conncgp.net), and i am soon to be giving up my grand prix for a GTO. Our club is focused around performance modifications, but we also do a number a charity shows each year. My fastest 1/4 time was a 13.337/108.80mph using a perf. cam, headers, ported s/c and throttlebody, computer, and a few other things including nitrous, but it was not used in the previously mentined run, and the fastest car in our club runs a 12.637 / 109.72mph, who uses Intense heads & transmission, and a ZZP intercooler.

I plan to get a M6, either yellow or impulse blue. There is a local dealer that is receiving 8, 6 sticks and 2 autos, and i'm meeting with a salesperson this week to reserve one.

I am glad to have found this site, and look forward to being part of your community.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Welcome, and good luck on getting one. Of course I'll suggest Impulse Blue but Jon will suggest Yellow. :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all! yep, i too am very anxious..i've been excited about this car since i saw it in HPP mag. a year ago. I mean, this is a true modern day muscle car, w/ what i consider to be "premiums" in the modern day auto world. 2 doors, 8 cylinders, rear wheel drive. Other than the corvette that's only got 2 seats (otherwise, i'd be there) you gotta go BWM or Mercedes to get these "premiums", other than a mustang, but hey, they just aren't my cup of tea.

This car looks and sounds bad ass, and in my opinion for what it is, is worth the money. Any with independant rear suspension, this car tops any f-body in my book.

Believe me, I love my Grand Prix, and it goes plenty fast, but, something about a small block and a manual trans, a 6-speed at that, and a car that I believe looks much more like what the Grand Prix should have become, instead of that ugly 2004 Grand Prix, which is only available in a 4-door model, and has become way to boxy and un-sleak for my own appeal. I like the way these GTO's look even better than my grand prix, and am totally satisfied in Pontiac's decision w/the car, and I believe Pontiac introduced this new GTO car to steal all the 2-door grand prix buyers / lovers. And thats just fine with me!

Anyone else sayin' hell yeah??

·
<--Dis dudebrahguy right here
4,815 Posts
^^^:ban: him :rules: :judge:

·
18's or bust
9,517 Posts
So I went and read the OP other posts and Tails is an alcoholic.

like me :drunk:

·
15,892 Posts
OK, what is with these 10 year old threads being dug up from the grave?

:D

·
Banned
9,077 Posts
OK, what is with these 10 year old threads being dug up from the grave?

:D
It's part of the 10th Anniversary Special celebrations. We gather up all the original buyers, and take note of how their current W-2s are 10 times as large as today's buyers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts