LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I put a smaller pulley and my restrictor plate on today. I went to start tuning with my widebands, and they are so off it's not funny. So, I took my old 7psi tune and fueled it up in the lower RPMs (car makes boost really soon now), and took about 5* of timing out everywhere. I'm seeing no knock but haven't gone 100% enough to really find out.
I did a little 3rd gear roll-in and the car seemed to be cutting out. No kr, 980+mv on the narrow bands. is low 900s what i want? Car seemed to be going and then started breaking up. Had all my fuel pressure and it was rock solid. Will the car break up with too much fuel? never had this happen when tuning "new" setups before, but I'm not a real HPT buff, yet.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i'm not sure what you mean about your widebands but i had fits going thru 3 of them before i redid my grounds different. they would work for a while and then go south (sorry southern people). i finally did the grounds with the wideband heater ground going to the block and the wideband unit grounding thru the HPT OBDII cable to the OBDII ground. i have to have the HPT interface connected anytime i run the car. this is the longest i've had it running correctly (about 2 months now) and it is more accurate with the ODBII, wideband and HPT all using the same grounding point.

·
EFILive Junkie
11 Posts
I have sold countless LC1's and never had one returned. They work great when installed properly AND like svede stated, the grounds are really picky. Once those are setup and the formula is correct in the package you are using (HPT/EFILive) then it will operate properly. Its all in the install and setup on them. Now the LM1 is totally different as it doesn't rely on the grounds near as much as the LC1's do.

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is a standalone setup that has its own head unit. FAST dual. it gets a direct ground in a few places. the sensors are just shot. they're black as night

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
meh. so i cleaned them and put them back in. one is bouncing around 14-18 and the other is sitting close to 15 at idle (which is good). i went around the block and as soon as i give it gas they start falling to 13s, then i flog it and it just bottoms out at 9.6 on both sides. car feels strong but "held back" until about 5200 then it just slings shots like a cannon. guess i got some tuning to do now :)

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm getting close. thing is a freight train from 2500rpms now wooooooooooooooooooooooooot woooooooooooooooooooooot

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
kewl. when i took mine out last it was black and sooty but still worked well. i sprayed it off with de-chlorinated brake cleaner and let it dry good. i have a backup just in case tho

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
What kind of Wideband? I just bought the Dnyojet Commander and installing it tommrow

M
0 Posts
We just got a couple of the FAST widebands as well, they take about 5-6 minutes to get the O2s fully warm, then they seem pretty damn accurate. I plan on using them on a dyno early next week to see how they compare to a Dynojet sniffer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts