LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in california and the cops are aholes about a front plate. I have the SLP license plate relocator. Its a perfect fit, bolts under the front bumper and only extends about 3/8" under it. It alsowill scrap first before the rest of the bumper. I believe they are like $20 from SLP.

·
73 Plymouth Barracuda
695 Posts
also live in california.I bought my gto in jan and the dealer put a license on my car before he delivered to me. I wish I had been given the option of putting it on or not I like the car without it. Now im stuck with holes in the bumper if I take it off.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hide the plate and eat the $5 charge. Thats what i did when i was there.

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive had my car 1 day now. What I did about the 3 dreaded holes. I trimmed off the excess plastic and got 3 flat nylon push in plugs. I also used touch up paint on them to match the paint color. You can hardly notice it.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Thankfully my dealer was too incompetent to find the installation kit for the front plate holder so it wasn't installed and I don't have holes in my car (I am using zip ties through the lower grille - works fine).

I searched SLP's site last night and did not find any LP relocation kit - could you post a link to this thing?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought mine from tandaperformance.com. Has 4 attachment points versus two and mounts flat against the bottom of the fascia. Was made for the GTO. Other comments in another thread.

Jim

·
Registered
97 Posts
bigbrowndog said:
Bought mine from tandaperformance.com. Has 4 attachment points versus two and mounts flat against the bottom of the fascia. Was made for the GTO. Other comments in another thread.

Jim
Anyone of a close up shot of the tandaperformance.com or slpeng.com license plate brakets?

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I must be lucky--- I've lived in CA all but a few years of my life, and I haven't run a front plate on any of my cars since I started driving! Despite this, not once have I been pulled over for a missing plate; then again, I've only had two tickets in the last 25 years (one was on my motorcycle) and even then during the one stop nothing was said. Currently all five of my cars don't have 'em, including my company car. I would be more worried about too dark of tint on the side wondows than anything else.

Just my $0.02.

PS: John Hine Pontiac in San Diego was smart: they left my GTO's front plate installation kit in the trunk-- where it belongs.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
TRacer said:
PS: John Hine Pontiac in San Diego was smart: they left my GTO's front plate installation kit in the trunk-- where it belongs.

Young Cadillac/Pontiac in Escondido did the same for me :gr_jest:

No holes on mine either :)

·
I'm So Busy at Work!
672 Posts
joemac777 said:
Anyone of a close up shot of the tandaperformance.com or slpeng.com license plate brakets?

Thanks
Second that!

·
Registered
205 Posts
bigbrowndog said:

Jim
Thank you for the link. I just ordered mine.

·
I'm So Busy at Work!
672 Posts
Pictures?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts