LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I dunno if they actually suck, but I do know they don't fit stock manifolds. I found this thread just now.

Sigh. So either I'm running cats or I'm buying some JBA headers. :mad:

Another week without the GTO...

·
7,835 Posts
teh suckage of teh JBA mids are massive.

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
JBA shorties fit the stock mids perfectly, FWIW, you don't even need to loosen the mids. They neatly pop on. Unless you're after that last 2 rwhp or want LTs you can keep the stock mids.

·
Negative Creep
2,346 Posts
wango-z-tango said:
JBA shorties fit the stock mids perfectly, FWIW, you don't even need to loosen the mids. They neatly pop on. Unless you're after that last 2 rwhp or want LTs you can keep the stock mids.
Go re-read the post.....

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I guess I hadn't thought about that option; I can take my stock mids and get the cats/resonators removed. Although, at that point, I might as well just go buy some piping and get the damned mids reconstructed from scratch.

...And there goes a hundred dollars worth of header wrap down the drain.

Such is life, I guess.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jetsiphon said:
Why can't we just cut off the flange and weld a new one on?

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why wouldn't I just do the flared reducer thing that 2Cool described?

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
jetsiphon said:
Go re-read the post.....
If JBA shorties fit JBA & stock mids, and JBA shorties fit JBA mids ... then the mistake you are making, is to try and use the stock manifolds. I was just trying to be helpful.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wango-z-tango said:
If JBA shorties fit JBA & stock mids, and JBA shorties fit JBA mids ... then the mistake you are making, is to try and use the stock manifolds. I was just trying to be helpful.
Wango - thanks for the assist. I need the stock manifolds, though - STS install.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts