LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m doing you guys a favor at my expense. I purchased a couple pulleys to find one that works as an overdrive pulley. Why? Well if you put an underdrive crank pulley, you may have idle charge issues if you idle at stock or near stock rpms. Especially in the heat of the summer, fans on, ac blasting and a stereo system and sitting in traffic. This only works on a 2004 model. I test fit it this evening on a spare factory alternator I had. Perfect match.

So oddly it ended up being for a ford alternator. The diameter is 1.9” vs 2.25” for stock. Do a search for 24-2271 pulley and you’ll find it.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
380 Posts
Nice!
Even though I'm not running an over/under driven accessory pulley, I'm subscribing to this thread. Great info.!!!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!
Even though I'm not running an over/under driven accessory pulley, I'm subscribing to this thread. Great info.!!!
I just hope this thread will help someone. The reason I posted is i was looking for this myself and no one had an answer. Several web searches turned up nothing or the wrong pulley. One company listed an overdrive pulley but then you read the description it says its and under drive (larger) alt pulley. Wut? So every which way I went, i came up at a dead end. Found a few threads where people mentioned they had an overdrive pulley on their car but mp info on it.

·
TACHNUP
2,310 Posts
Looks like these are other P/Ns for the pulley:

AMSCO#: FD-443
WAI#: 24-2271
ACE/ACCURATE#: 1381-P
OEM#: F7RZ-10344-AA
LESTER#: 7792, 8250, 8252, 8260, 8264
DIMENSIONS: 21MM BELT X 48MM OD X 17MM BORE

And it was used on Contours and Mystiques.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts