LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For everyone's information, I've registered the domain rmgto.com, and will have a somewhat functional website up by the end of the week. I'd love to have some input from you other thin air dwellers - pics, etc. Let's get some rich content up and make our presence known for other enthusiasts.

All are welcome and encouraged to participate.

Currently, I'll have the www.rmgto.com domain name pointing to my own webspace. Once I know that we're going to have some actual activity on it, I'll move it to its own host and we can put all sorts of good stuff up on it. The sky's the limit.

Well, for the meantime, I guess, my checkbook is the limit. :gr_jest:

FYI, I plan to be at the Pontiac Uprising in Wichita this year. Anyone else planning to attend?
 

·
Oh my f*ck!
Joined
·
6,464 Posts
Any particular reason as to why you chose "rmgto"?

I wonder if Rhys Millen has anything to say about your choosing that particular URL. Hm...
 

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zbaron said:
whats wronge with this site ?
Absolutely nothing.

I'm not setting this site up as competition to LS1GTO.com - I'd actually like to continue to use this regional forum for online discussion.

But a local club should have a local repository for online technical articles and other information that's just better suited for Rocky Mountain-specific members. IMO, as always.
 

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
phobos512 said:
Any particular reason as to why you chose "rmgto"?

I wonder if Rhys Millen has anything to say about your choosing that particular URL. Hm...
Hahahaa - well, I got it first. :D
 

·
Oh my f*ck!
Joined
·
6,464 Posts
Doric said:
Hahahaa - well, I got it first. :D
Funny. Did you know they can take it from you these days if they can prove that you're diminishing/tarnishing their brand image (Perhaps you've heard of the drift GTO they make, and their website RMRProducts.com)? It's not the dotcom era where people sell URLs for millions anymore :)

And you still didn't answer my question. Why RMGTO?
 

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
phobos512 said:
Funny. Did you know they can take it from you these days if they can prove that you're diminishing/tarnishing their brand image (Perhaps you've heard of the drift GTO they make, and their website RMRProducts.com)? It's not the dotcom era where people sell URLs for millions anymore :)
If Rhys Millen can make a good argument as to why he has more claim over the initials 'RM' than the Rocky Mountains, then I'd be happy to give it up to him.

Were I using the URL 'RMRGTO', I would imagine there might be cause for alarm.

I don't know if you're simply trying to bust my chops, or if you're reading entirely too much into my intentions here. I can assure you I'm not trying to park on a domain with the intention of turning it into a cash cow.

phobos512 said:
And you still didn't answer my question. Why RMGTO?
And now I have.
 

·
Registered Goat Abuser
Joined
·
3,350 Posts
phobos512 said:
And you still didn't answer my question. Why RMGTO?
Yo – before we both bought our GTOs, we were both members of RMCGP – Rocky Mountain Club Grand Prix
A very fine Club with an equally fine web site - http://rmcgp.clubgp.com/

See the theme going on here.
 

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still feel like the current membership stepped on my site design a bit there.
 

·
Registered Goat Abuser
Joined
·
3,350 Posts
rambur said:
All those in favor of blocking Mark from the Club say ‘eye’.

:gr_jest:


Long time Mark - Hows it going up there?

- Chuck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
RedhotGTO said:
All those in favor of blocking Mark from the Club say ‘eye’.

:gr_jest:
:sneaky:

RedhotGTO said:
Long time Mark - Hows it going up there?

- Chuck
Pretty good. Need a new job, but aside from that, everything is going well. How's the Fort treatin' ya? I get down there every once in a while... we should still get together for dinner sometime or something.
 

·
Oh my f*ck!
Joined
·
6,464 Posts
Doric said:
If Rhys Millen can make a good argument as to why he has more claim over the initials 'RM' than the Rocky Mountains, then I'd be happy to give it up to him.

Were I using the URL 'RMRGTO', I would imagine there might be cause for alarm.

I don't know if you're simply trying to bust my chops, or if you're reading entirely too much into my intentions here. I can assure you I'm not trying to park on a domain with the intention of turning it into a cash cow.


And now I have.
I was neither reading into your intentions nor busting your chops. You seemed rather arrogant with the "I had it first" so I thought I'd explain it. Rhys Millen was simply the first thing to pop into my head for a quick association. You could have simply said "it stands for Rocky Mountains".
 

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
Doric said:
FYI, I plan to be at the Pontiac Uprising in Wichita this year. Anyone else planning to attend?
I'll be there. :cool:

Wanna race? :secret: :)

Padre
 

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
phobos512 said:
I was neither reading into your intentions nor busting your chops. You seemed rather arrogant with the "I had it first" so I thought I'd explain it. Rhys Millen was simply the first thing to pop into my head for a quick association. You could have simply said "it stands for Rocky Mountains".
"Arrogant." Haha. Gotcha.

I guess I assumed that the context in which I was posting was enough hint. I won't make such rash assumptions in the future.

Speaking of rash assumptions...
phobos512 said:
You seemed rather arrogant with the "I had it first" so I thought I'd explain it.
 

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PadreGTO said:
I'll be there. :cool:

Wanna race? :secret: :)

Padre
I'll bet you $100 you'll beat me.
 

·
Here for the Gangbang
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
illuvial said:
How are defining the Rocky Mountain area?
Hmmm. Good question. Normally, I'd say anything above a mile high, but that excludes too many regions.

Anywhere the Rocky Mountains are? Colorado, Wyoming, Utah?

Anyone else have any thoughts?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top