LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LS1/DC5/EM2
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving of the bridge coming from brooklyn into staten island one off the bridge i went onto the service road when i seen a silver g35 coupe i passed him up and got in front of him cause my turn was comin up. so he turned with me to a major blvd in staten island i was in the left and he was on my right were both kinda egging each other on. so were both driving when one of the lights turn yellow my front bumper was at the middle of his door he seen me stopping so he slams on his brakes, i could tell it was manual by hearing him shifting. we were both the first ones at the light, i knew it was on, now i have 424 miles on my a4 so i wanted to see what my a4 was capable of. I look over at him and i noticed he was looking at my car cause when i looked he quickly looked away. so the light turns green and i just let my foot off the brake to see what he does and he pins it, so i pin it and as soon as i took off he was in my rear view till the next light, he went to the far lane and didn't even want to look at me i knew he was pissed off. This is my first race in my a4 and thank god its my first kill. but the g35 got owned :hail:

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
sweetness. I take it your car is stock? Oh, and you had the T/C off, right?

·
LS1/DC5/EM2
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RedThunder said:
sweetness. I take it your car is stock? Oh, and you had the T/C off, right?
car is stock and i didnt even think about taking tc off all i did was let my foot off the gas and reacted perfect but it was the first time i let it loose and damn these cars are fast

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
TRUDUAL said:
car is stock and i didnt even think about taking tc off all i did was let my foot off the gas and reacted perfect but it was the first time i let it loose and damn these cars are fast
Good kill. Rule #1. Turn off T/C. Rule #2. Turn off A/C. This will assure you that you have all available ponies for the race!!!

Doc

P.S. Rule#3. Beat them . . . :gr_jest:

·
LS1/DC5/EM2
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doc GTO said:
Good kill. Rule #1. Turn off T/C. Rule #2. Turn off A/C. This will assure you that you have all available ponies for the race!!!

Doc

P.S. Rule#3. Beat them . . . :gr_jest:
why car has more hp when tc is off i thought it was just for not spinning the tires

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
This thing must seem like a rocket. :D

Yes, it's to quell wheelspin, but when you have T/C on, it'll reduce power by closing the throttle and backing off timing. As such, power is cut back. So if you want full power, you don't want your T/C on. :) T/C is really just meant for inclement weather, not for traction purposes in drag races.

Also, just so all of you know, turning off the A/C isn't necessary because once the car goes WOT, one of GM's safety mechanism's is to shut the A/C clutch off so that it free wheels through the pulley. It's that point up to WOT where it can drag as it's still turning the compressor.

·
LS1/DC5/EM2
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CMNTMXR57 said:
This thing must seem like a rocket. :D

Yes, it's to quell wheelspin, but when you have T/C on, it'll reduce power by closing the throttle and backing off timing. As such, power is cut back. So if you want full power, you don't want your T/C on. :) T/C is really just meant for inclement weather, not for traction purposes in drag races.

Also, just so all of you know, turning off the A/C isn't necessary because once the car goes WOT, one of GM's safety mechanism's is to shut the A/C clutch off so that it free wheels through the pulley. It's that point up to WOT where it can drag as it's still turning the compressor.
thanks im new to all of this i came from a 2002 honda civic and the only thing gret about it was its vtec

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Well, we have nothing of that fancy variable valve timing stuff here. :D

Too complicated! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts