LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody put their center console gage pod up for sale yet? I checked on AP's site and didn't see it, and the other place wasn't a sponsor. Can we get one yet?
Dan

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
No kidding, its been how many months?!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wish they had an LCD screen option for there. Sorta like with volvo's. That would look very trick. Otherwise I wish someone would do a carbon fibre kit for the center stack. That spot on the car just begs for something interesting.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
:secret: I heard a rumor that it will be available from GM for the 05 year. But maybe my source is wrong.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Has anybody put their center console gage pod up for sale yet? I checked on AP's site and didn't see it, and the other place wasn't a sponsor. Can we get one yet?
Dan
yeah maybe by next year someone will have one for sale........ :gr_jest:

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
the 05 will NOT have the pod standard. GM has already announced that the interior will be identical. Perhaps it will appear on the '06. Hopefully someone will develop a bolt-on, or GM will sell it through their parts catalog (along with a dead-pedal!).

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not exactly identical - remember they get more of an italicized font for the numbers and letters on the gages...

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
RedThunder said:
the 05 will NOT have the pod standard. GM has already announced that the interior will be identical. Perhaps it will appear on the '06. Hopefully someone will develop a bolt-on, or GM will sell it through their parts catalog (along with a dead-pedal!).
That is not to say they will not offer it as an accessory.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just as an FYI (I doubt AP will have a problem w/ me posting this), here was their response to my email:

Dan,

Gauge pod and color matching gauges will be released at SEMA (Nov 2-5).
We'll be doing updates and press releases from SEMA. Thanks!

Dan Long
General Manager, Arrowhead Performance
602-330-4GTO (4486)
www.arrowheadperformance.com
Dan

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Just as an FYI (I doubt AP will have a problem w/ me posting this), here was their response to my email:
Dan
Thanks Dan. It's the old hurry up and wait............
:drink::drink:

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Good infos... Cait wait!

·
Registered
18 Posts
derdave said:
I wish they had an LCD screen option for there. Sorta like with volvo's. That would look very trick. Otherwise I wish someone would do a carbon fibre kit for the center stack. That spot on the car just begs for something interesting.
The dealer where I got my GTO from had one that had the whole center part starting up on the dash and going down around the auto shifter done up in carbon fiber. It also had a sunroof installed and chrome 18s. Don't know where they got the carbon fiber parts???

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
The top one looks a lot like the brand I got for my Civic. If it is, thats pretty quality stuff, looks good and stays on over 5 years later.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Gauge Pod

DANSLS1 said:

Dan
At least you received a response from AP. I sent 3 e-mails to them since the middle of September asking for an update on the gauge pods. They didn't bother to answer. Hate to think about the results if I ordered something and they had my money.

slick50

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
I don't think this has been posted recently, but here's the pic of the pod with autocross gages. Apparently you can pic 2 gages you like (doesn't have to be Oil and Bat), and you can choose the color!

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
RedThunder said:
I don't think this has been posted recently, but here's the pic of the pod with autocross gages. Apparently you can pic 2 gages you like (doesn't have to be Oil and Bat), and you can choose the color!
Who's cluster/ pod is that? Is that GM (Autocross) or aftermarket?

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
That pod cluster looks soooo aftermarket. If what they have out there looks like that I would rather keep mine stock. That thing is going to sit in the middle of everything. It better look factory or not at all. The black part must match the black plastic in the dash, the gauges need to match the color of the instrument DIC, and the font/numbers in the gauges have to be similar.

When I attend SEMA next month I will take lots of pics of what they have to offer out there so everyone here can see and form an opinion. Hopefully if there are issues they can be corrected before thay start mass producing these things. This was a no brainer for GM. I have no idea why they chose to omit this. Most goat owners would be willing to pay for this even if was a cost option.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts