LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here ya go, I got pics of almost all the cars in the car show today, beginning with the 2004-2006's. This was Nikivee's heaven.

http://padrenet.com/galleries/2006gtoaa/index.html

This is a rough draft of the gallery, but you can page through the thumbnails or go through them one by one. I'll refine the gallery later.

Here are some sneak peeks:

Me :) with my display (videos of my racing repeating). Guess these guys were looking for my trade secrets. :sneaky:

The line-up:

Tom (newgoat), winner of the popular vote for '04 modifieds.

The most, umm, err, "inexplicable" of the new goats:

The most ridiculous car of the show:

One of my favorites:

And a definite collector item:

Enjoy the rest!

Padre

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Awesome. Thanks Padre.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
WTF? does the car even run?

great picture album Padre!!! glad you got to go and take some good shots

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Yeah, it runs and drives. Baaa, 72/04 and I think the top blower is hollow. ;)

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He drove it around but someone asked (I didn't want to get near it) and he said he had to take the top blower to really open it up. IOW, muscle car bling.

Now I might be wrong, and I'd be happy to be corrected. But I'm guessing that set-up has never seen WOT.

Of course, he won his class. :rolleyes:

Padre

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,916 Posts
We starting calling that car the "Muscle Bling Car"

I mean what reason would you make a larger (roots 871) blower push through a smaller (roots 671) blower before getting into the engine. I will go on a limb and say the car was all cam, and both were hollow as was the nitrous bottle was empty. Hence how the guy was able to afford any or all of the parts.

But who am I to criticize, at least the paint job was nice.

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW, if anyone wants a high-res pic of their car, just PM me. My camera is not great, and the lighting wasn't great, but a 2048x1536 will print-up well full-color, good enough to hang in the garage. That or use it as computer wallpaper. :)

Padre

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
don't recall running across this pic yet, but i thought it turned out well.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
WTF? does the car even run?

great picture album Padre!!! glad you got to go and take some good shots

It ran. I dubed it "Muscle Rice" and didn't give it another thought. Joe's thought that the top blower is hollow makes sense. Like many cars there it isn't my thing but it did remind me of the old Rat Fink drawings.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
PadreGTO said:
He drove it around but someone asked (I didn't want to get near it) and he said he had to take the top blower to really open it up. IOW, muscle car bling.

Now I might be wrong, and I'd be happy to be corrected. But I'm guessing that set-up has never seen WOT.

Of course, he won his class. :rolleyes:

Padre
actualy the AP car (Last years 04' Modified class winner) won the Heavyly Modified 1964 to 2006 class. I think he (Muscle Rice) came in second. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Wifes Car is Faster than Mine
462 Posts
I believe the orange car did get first. The AP car got the second place. He talked to Bob Alexander about it when he picked up the award, saying that they didnt' even have a class and not sure how they got voted for, and he tried to give the award back but Bob said to just keep it.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Playdough said:
I believe the orange car did get first. The AP car got the second place. He talked to Bob Alexander about it when he picked up the award, saying that they didnt' even have a class and not sure how they got voted for, and he tried to give the award back but Bob said to just keep it.
Wow. I had no Idea that he talked to bob about giving it back. There were a few people upset that he won because he was in the winners circle this year. Kudos to him for making the effort. There were not many cars in that class, I'm guessing it was a decision on the judges part to use up the trophy. It is a good class for his car. If he gets it running it should be in the 500+ HP range with the parts he has had installed.(he is 400 RWHP now)

I like the "Heavyly modified class. It fits some of the cars well. The AP Car, New Goats "Lambo Door" car... These both have major and non standard/ off the norm, mods. Both cars look good. The problem with an open ended modified class are the many aproaches to modifiying your car. Especialy with the newer cars.

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
Padre, I see you saved the best car for last in your gallery (IMHO ;) ) it was great to meet you and everyone else in person.

For everyone that didn't go this year its probably one of the best GTGs of all time and next year plans to be even better.

·
Wifes Car is Faster than Mine
462 Posts
sxty8goats said:
The problem with an open ended modified class are the many aproaches to modifiying your car. Especialy with the newer cars.
Yeah, we agree with you. Their classes are mainly for the older cars and not so much the newer ones. We talked last night about trying to figure out a new way to class the new cars. We didn't get very far. It's hard to say what can put you into the modified or even keep you in the stock. For example, if we never started our car, noone would know that it had anything done to it (besides the people on here), except for the CAI, and if you looked hard enough headers. But from the outside it is remotely stock looking. It's very hard to say where to draw the line at. Hopefully with Jon more involved with it now, he can help them decide what would be good for us.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts