LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
BOOMER SOONER!!!
368 Posts
I listen to/watch JRE quite a bit but skipped this one. I have no interest in the vegan debate any longer. Went plant based for about two years, lost weight, stomach issues went away completely and basically thrived. For me it just wasn't sustainable. Jumped back into my old ways and gained all the weight back plus some, stomach issues returned and became pretty miserable. Been doing keto for a couple of years now and am thriving again. For me personally it is more sustainable but like any restrictive diet it takes work.

·
HGH Optimist
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Have you watched Game Changers? Curious question.

If you can, try to watch it. Let me know what YOU feel the documentary was trying to tell you.

·
BOOMER SOONER!!!
368 Posts
I haven't but sure, I'll give it a watch. Forks Over Knives is one that had the biggest impact on me going plant based. Had the wife been on board I probably could have sustained it indefinitely but her ribeye eating ass doomed it lol.

·
HGH Optimist
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I haven't but sure, I'll give it a watch. Forks Over Knives is one that had the biggest impact on me going plant based. Had the wife been on board I probably could have sustained it indefinitely but her ribeye eating ass doomed it lol.
What platform is that on? I'll have to give that a watch, too.

Once you finish the documentary, I'd HAVE to recommend you listen to those JRE's. Trust me... that 4 hour debate was hard to stick with... but it was pretty good. Especially after James had all his studies questioned. He's definitely a fast talker, but he backed up a lot of what he said.

I will say, though... I heard that someone named Layne Norton wants to debate James Wilks, and people say that HIS presentation to debunk the vegan diet was 100% more thorough than Chris Kesser's. I'll probably listen to Layne's solo Review/Debunking on the way out of town this Sunday. Layne said that Joe Rogan already contacted him and James, so they will have a debate soon. THAT one will probably be way more interesting. Chris Kesser was a bit of a softy, and let James talk/walk all over him. Everyone says Layne won't.

·
HGH Optimist
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I might have a way of finding it on my app at home, if it's not readily available.

·
REDKEYN
3,799 Posts
Haven’t watched anything about the context. Never given any thought to being vegan. Not entirely sure why anyone would do it.
I am one of the ones Manny referred to.

We have been 100% vegan for a week now. I had to make a lifestyle change in hopes of improving my health. My weight was at an all time high (243.6), my BP is 157/97, and my resting pulse is 101. I'm 47, and there's heart issues on the male side of my family.

And it's not like I ate like shit or didn't workout beforehand but what I was doing was not getting it done.

At the end of the first week I'm down 6.2lbs and my wife is down 3lbs. I'll take my BP and pulse in another 3 weeks.

·
REDKEYN
3,799 Posts
Manny Knives and Forks is on Netflix.

·
BOOMER SOONER!!!
368 Posts
I watched it and don't have much of an opinion. Pretty much familiar with the content having researched plant based thoroughly when I was doing it. Same information in a different wrapper. As far as the debate surrounding plant based I have no interest in it any longer. It obviously works if you can do it.

All in all I prefer Keto, same physical results but much more sustainable for me personally. I'm currently trying like hell to get back into ketosis, the holidays were a bitch.

If you have any questions I'm more than happy to help.

·
HGH Optimist
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Not really looking to get into either diet. Was just a very interesting documentary... followed by two great podcasts on JRE.

As mentioned, I need to listen to the Layne Norton review, now.

·
HGH Optimist
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I think I watched part of it. Can't remember. Need to finish it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts