LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking into doing some gauge faces for the GTO's. Now I know everyone (without yellow cars) is happy with their awesome gauges, but I think we can improve on a few areas. We need quite a few to even consider making them but I'd like to explore the option.

- Silver/Aluminum Gauges
- White Face Gauges
- White Faced Gauges/Light up Indiglo
- Red Faced Gauges with watermark checkered flag
- Impulse Blue with watermark checkered flag
- DIMMING THE MPH LIGHT!!!!

With the Silver/White gauges everyone that does not have a Yellow car would have to get the red needles that the Yellow Jacket cars come with.

What does everyone think?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm not good with the imagination thing here. I wonder if someone could photochop some gages.

Don't forget the headlight/foglight/runninglight also. It's not as bright as the MPH but it is bright. AND because it is lower on the display I see a reflection on the windshield.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Actually, what I'd like (and would pay for) is a gaugepod to fit on top of the center console.

Something like this on my old WRX:

And a closeup:

Do that and I imagine you'd get a lot of customers for them. :)

Padre

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree with Padre I would buy it

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Almost at the bottom of this page is what I would like to see (I don't see that anything on this page competes with our sponsors but if so, sorry):

http://www.capa.com.au/ls1_accessories.htm

The problem with that one is that it's for RHD vehicles. I'd like to see the same thing but for LHD vehicles. There's a thread on this already (search for center dash trim panel, I think, or for threads started by me).

EDIT looks like DY beat me to the punch...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Definitely would be interested in some kind of dimming feature on the MPH. I would reserve judgement on checkered flag watermark on the red guages.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
phobos512 said:
Almost at the bottom of this page is what I would like to see (I don't see that anything on this page competes with our sponsors but if so, sorry):

The problem with that one is that it's for RHD vehicles. I'd like to see the same thing but for LHD vehicles. There's a thread on this already (search for center dash trim panel, I think, or for threads started by me).

I want that. I think it would be worth the costs to get something like that made for our cars.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
I like my gauges on my Yellow Jacket

Ls1 Speed said:
We are looking into doing some gauge faces for the GTO's. Now I know everyone (without yellow cars) is happy with their awesome gauges, but I think we can improve on a few areas. We need quite a few to even consider making them but I'd like to explore the option.

- Silver/Aluminum Gauges
- White Face Gauges
- White Faced Gauges/Light up Indiglo
- Red Faced Gauges with watermark checkered flag
- Impulse Blue with watermark checkered flag
- DIMMING THE MPH LIGHT!!!!

With the Silver/White gauges everyone that does not have a Yellow car would have to get the red needles that the Yellow Jacket cars come with.

What does everyone think?
It's one thing to add some power adders, but I love my gauge package
on the Jacket, although I may be interested in that middle gauge pod
being mentioned.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
phobos512 said:

Yep - unless you find a way to make the actual water temp gage in the car work right, this is the only gaging upgrade I'd be interested in.
Dan

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Boy you guys sure did derail this topic (while I too want gauge pod)

Back to topic....

I do NOT think you should use the vette flags on the cluster... to me that is like the ultimate rice (think rebadge)

Other ideas on a watermark?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Huntress said:
Boy you guys sure did derail this topic (while I too want gauge pod)

Back to topic....

I do NOT think you should use the vette flags on the cluster... to me that is like the ultimate rice (think rebadge)

Other ideas on a watermark?
How about this?

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
How about friggin WARM RED backlighting at night like a Pontiac should be! Not this Lexus like bright white sh*t we have now! I'm happy with the blue face though. :D

It's offset the green LCD panels nicely and make a festive "holiday" mood year round. :D

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Huntress said:
Boy you guys sure did derail this topic (while I too want gauge pod) Back to topic....
OK, since I derailed the topic, here's my input to the original question: Not interested.

Well, dimming the MPH light might be useful and would be something I'd pay $5 for if it didn't take me more than 5 minutes to do.

And I still want a gaugepod. :slap: That, I'd pay real money for. :)

Padre

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
I like the gauge pod too. But until someone comes along and takes the investment risk, I'll pass. :)

I want WARM RED backlighting though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would love to see something that replaces those info panel green lights and maybe some adjustments to allow the instant mpg to be displayed in other setups instead of the miles remaining panel. Like maybe a steel grey with white, black, or red

1 - 20 of 26 Posts