LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
U.S. Army Retired
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love for someone to make a gauge pod to replace that blank panel above the center a/c vents. They could make pods for either two or three gauges. I don't like not having an oil pressure guage.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
That would be cool, I always look at the spot and think what a wasted space.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes! Please, one of you vendors out there, make this pod. It would so nice to add a voltmeter and oil pressure gauge there.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
What gauges do you performance drivers think are most important? The "dummy" coolant temp gauge we have is lame. The fuel gauge, well, as long as it's close, that's fine. The speedo I never look at when I'm driving aggressively. Nor do I use the tach. I "listen". (Please tell me if that's the wrong approach.) So, if you could pick three gauges you HAD to have, what would they be?

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Gauge choices

FLORIT said:
What gauges do you performance drivers think are most important? The "dummy" coolant temp gauge we have is lame. The fuel gauge, well, as long as it's close, that's fine. The speedo I never look at when I'm driving aggressively. Nor do I use the tach. I "listen". (Please tell me if that's the wrong approach.) So, if you could pick three gauges you HAD to have, what would they be?
Oil Pressure, Voltmeter, and Transmission OilTemperature. (Anything over 270*F kills them quick). Just my humble choices... :)

I would like a triple 2 5/8 if at all possible.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
PFYC said:
Coming soon! We're already on it. :)

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC
I had no idea that sponsor was so close. Anxiously waiting!!!!!
:drink: :drink:

·
Now I gotta Goat!!!!
487 Posts
FLORIT said:
Oil pressure and voltmeter.

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
i may be wrong, but i think i remember this being brough up once before and one of our aussie friends linked us to a picture or site showing that the piece was already made. it looked pretty sweet. i'll go search and see if i can find the thread.
mike

found it: http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144&highlight=gauge+pod

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
I'd like to see what can be squeezed into the space under the radio in front of the shifter. I don't use that at all and wouldn't mind having a gauge or two (or three if they fit) in there.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I'd like an oil temp gauge. When it's up to heat, you know you can jump on it. Plus, it's about the only gauge I can't do with EFIlive.

·
Registered
881 Posts
mistermike said:
I'd like an oil temp gauge. When it's up to heat, you know you can jump on it. Plus, it's about the only gauge I can't do with EFIlive.
By the way, how long should I wait until I put the 'wellie into it' (like the
brits say)? If the water temp is up to snuff, is the oil also? :confused:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Oil takes a little longer to heat. About 20 minutes is a figure tossed around in discussions of how long it takes to boil off the accumulated water in the oil. I'm sure it varies with engine design and ambient temperature. The aluminum block should bring everything up to heat faster than iron block.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
paco04 said:
By the way, how long should I wait until I put the 'wellie into it'?
Hey!!! This is a family forum! :p

·
Registered
881 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
Hey!!! This is a family forum! :p
I said Wellie, not Woodie! :slap:

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Hollywood said:
i may be wrong, but i think i remember this being brough up once before and one of our aussie friends linked us to a picture or site showing that the piece was already made. it looked pretty sweet.
The HSV gauge pod is canted towards the driver in Australia, which is our passenger side. So you probably won't want to buy one for your GTO.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hopefully any gauges done specifically for the GTO will come in the colors to match our existing dash colors.

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
TriShield said:
The HSV gauge pod is canted towards the driver in Australia, which is our passenger side. So you probably won't want to buy one for your GTO.
If that is true, it'd make a really nice model for one to be molded after for us. i really like the design of it.
mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts