LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found what I think is the radio/cell connection, but man, this thing is about a 6 pin connection with absolutely no references. I would guess contacting GM to see if they can get the male connection? I was thinking about wiring the remote radar/laser detector to it. Would be kind of cool to have the warnings over the stereo system. Secondly, in the 5th picture below, do you think we'll ever have the option to add the pod mounted gauges in our correct color scheme? Would be nice to have an oil pressure
and volt gauge. BTW, ordering my new wheels this week. I can't wait. I'll post the pics when installed.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1588

·
Registered
21 Posts
if i understand correctly voltage and oil press. info is monitored by the dic and can be displayed on startup with the correct button pressing.

if thats true maybe we can hack into the system and have the info added to the normal displays instead of instant mileage or whatever.

It sounds good in theory and everybodys gauges would still coordinate.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I don't remember oil pressure showing up in that cycle. Actual temperature does, and voltage for sure. I was thinking the same thing about the hack - but using the left gage - putting a digital oil pressure and temp gage in instead of stock. I'll wait and see what the aftermarket comes up with...
Dan

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
There was a post quite a while back from an Aussie gentleman, who said he would have gauge pods and gauges available. Also, DY had mentioned something about the pods. I can get the genuine HSV pods from one of my Oz connections, but the prices are scary.

·
3,327 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
[ I was thinking about wiring the remote radar/laser detector to it. ]

In the for-what-its-worth department, a remote radar horn will mount in and read through the front bumper facia. If I am repeating the obvious, don't bother reading this post... :>) Bob G....

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Bob, good to see you post. Did you get your car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts