LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just putting out some feelers to see if there might be some folks looking to get their GTO or other LSx powered vehicle tuned by Peter Starr sometime shortly after the SEMA show. Peter will be in the US for the show and might be able to come to the Cleveland area if there is sufficient interest.

For those who might not be familiar with Peter, he's one of Australias most highly regarded tuners, and developer of the supercharger kit I am currently using. He's also developed throttle bodies, manifolds, and other goodies that are held in high esteem down under. He was tuning LS1 Monaros, Commodores, and HSV's years before most of us knew that Holden even existed.

A Peter Starr tune goes well beyond the typical 2-3 hour WOT tune that a lot of us are used to. His tunes include complete part-throttle as well as WOT tuning performed on a load dyno, along with on-road logging and tuning as for the real world. Your computer will not be locked.

He's equipped to handle both naturally aspirated and forced induction LS1's and LS2's. Maggies, Prochargers, Vortechs, and Turbos are welcome. MAF or S/D tuning. If you have a 2 or 3 bar MAP setup, he can make it sing.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Could you ballpark a cost? Are we talking $500, $1000 or $5000?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Also intrested if the cost is not to high

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
If the cost was reasonable i would consider another tune.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cost will definitely be higher than the 3 hours on a Dynojet that US customers are used to, but a lot of details remain to be worked out, such as cost of renting the dyno, etc. I will try to keep everyone posted as things evolve.

·
05 GTO
7 Posts
Tune

I will be returning from Iraq next week I would love to get it tuned wile i'm home.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump

·
Hi-Performance Minis
271 Posts
Being that he's from Australia, would it be safe to assume he'd be using EFILive? I'm sure I could benefit by having someone more knowlegeable look at what I've accomplished so far and put some finishing touches on a 2-bar SD tune! Count me in Mike. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts