LS1GTO.com Forums banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
.....when meeting announcements were "shotgunned" to all members as a reminder. Perhaps, they still are and I am the only one not getting them. Perhaps, that's my fault. If so, I freely admit it. I don't have the opportunity to get to the forum often and just noticed (a day late) that there apparently was a meeting in Tomball yesterday. I live about 10 miles from Tomball in Cypress, so it would have been a no-brainer for me. Unfortunately, when the meetings are on the south side, that becomes a problem. At this point, I am not only not aware of where meetings are held, but when they are held. "It used to be" the second Tuesday of the month, or something like that. At least it was predictable. I'm outta touch and would like to try to get back into the fold. Has the club turned into a club for "late edition GTOs" only, or are classic GTO's still part of the scene. I'm an original owner of a '68. I don't mean this to sound sarcastic, it is not intended that way. I'm just wanting to know what's going on now that there is no newsletter, etc. (At least I guess that there is none since I haven't seen one in ages.) I am a member of two other local car clubs (not specifically GTO) and GTOAA---at least for now. Any help from any one?
I'm the President of GCGTOs. I mailed out 60 newsletters to paid members this month. If your not getting a newsletter either a) your dues has expired or b) your not on my list. If your a member of GTOAA my phone number is in the Legend. You certainly could have contacted me and told me you were not getting your letter. As far as locations we move the meetings around the city to get more people involved. We actually had 2 meetings in a row near your location. Even with your "Predictable" meeting time and location FEW members were showing up at the past meeting location. We had over 20 members show up at this meeting including Wayne with his "Classic" GTO. This club is open to all GTO owners (Hell we have members who dont even own a GTO). Its just a fact that since the last election of officers more late model owners have joined. Its also a fact that membership activity has increased since these elections. Were you at our Carshow "Grazin with the Goats"? We could have used members to bring their cars as the show had a poor turnout........again.

Drop me a PM or please call me as we have several club functions coming up in the future. I would love to see you and your car at them.

Bill Knoth
President
GCGTOs

·
will
2 Posts
Thank you for your timely reply, Bill. I just checked my newsletters and I have not received a newsletter since November 2006. Actually, I don't believe that I have received any information about the club since about Jan when I was reminded about the dues from another member. My dues were paid in Feb 2007--at least, the check was dated 2-8-07 and it cleared the bank shortly afterward. At this point it really doesn't make any difference how or why things happened as they did. I appreciate you writing. My e-mail is [email protected].

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
e-mail sent

81 - 83 of 83 Posts