LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just joined LS1GTO so I thought I'd say hi. I'm an Australian - a very proud one this week! - and thought I'd sign up...

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Welcome!

We're gonna have to start asking you guys for some Foster's with all these Aussie's joining! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Fosters... blechh. I brew my own beer at home! Much nicer!
I have an HSV Senator. It's a body-kitted and leather-trimmed version of the four-door Commodore the Monaro/GTO is based on, but fitted with the last of the 'Aussie' five-Os we used here before teh Gen III was introduced. Kinda like a 305TPI engine... tuned EFI, iron heads and block. 195kW/260hp. Nice engine, but not as nice as the Gen III/LS1 which I hope to purchase - probably in a Holden/Chev Caprice - in 2004. I also have a coupla classics stashed away that I tinker with occassionally. I've driven Holden Commodores and Monaros extensively (including the new all-wheel drive version - I am involved in the motoring industry down here) and I hope you guys are really happy with what us Aussies are sending you. Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to contributing to this community.:D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Oh, we are! Trust us. Most of us are ready to commit heinus crimes to get them. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Toohey's old

I used to think that Foster's was good Austrailian beer like the commercials have us all believing. Then I spent some time in Australian and drank the beers they do not export. They are keeping the good stuff for themselves. I would love to find Toohey's old somewhere in the US. Outstanding stuff.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I tried a couple of other beers but I cannot remember what they were. The Toohey's was the one that I tried first so I stuck with it most of the time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Come on down, crazy kids! I'll take you for drive along the Monaro Highway...

I'm impressed and flattered that some of you have been here. With respect, it seems to many of us down here that the bulk of US residents seem to think the world begins in LA and ends in NY...

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Other way around, our world starts in NYC and goes to L.A. I remember reading a quote one time that said, NYC was the brains of the country, Chicago was the muscle of the country, and L.A., the sh*tter! :D

Seriously though, I have never left the states (well, I've been to Canada, ehhh). Australia looks absolutely beautiful, but in this current world environment, I think I'll stay right here and put up with some good old fashioned American street violence. I have no incentive to leave this great place of ours! :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have been to over 30 countries, no I am not rich and bragging, the military has taken me all over the world and I have to say Australian is my favorite place to visit. I've talked relatives into going there for vacations and honeymoons and I am seriously considering retiring there. You have a wonderful country with some of the friendliest people I have ever met. And your women are gorgeous. Even though I live on the left coast I must admit our world starts in NYC. It is an amazing place and if you ever visit the USA it is a must to visit NYC.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My wife and I would love to go to Australia, but that flight has to be a killer. Not to mention all my spare cash is going for a car now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
tiggerfan said:
Crown Lager and VB

Enough reason to go back and spend another month in australia.
HELL YEAH!!!!!! I wish I could have a VB or Crowne right now!!!!:drink: :D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts