LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've checked Ebay, Amazon, and gtog8ta.com. GTOG8TA has the Holden key fob. Are there no genuine Pontiac fobs left? I actually like the Holden one but just checking if anyone else has bought one recently.

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts
GM part 92123129, they are all over ebay. You have to reprogram it to the PCM. I bought 2 of them last year and reprogrammed them.

Reactions: EZ28

·
wut?
480 Posts
GM part 92123129, they are all over ebay. You have to reprogram it to the PCM. I bought 2 of them last year and reprogrammed them.
How complicated is it to do?

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I just bought some new buttons to refurb one of my original Pontiac fobs and I bought one of those cool Holden fobs from gtog8ta.com. 😎

·
wut?
480 Posts
Thanks I just bought some new buttons to refurb one of my original Pontiac fobs and I bought one of those cool Holden fobs from gtog8ta.com. 😎
View attachment 502483
I also got two of them from their ebay page & they were perfect. The programing sequence was straight forward with no hiccups!

Reactions: EZ28

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey EZ28 how did the refurb buttons from gtog8ta look? Any trouble with replacing them or durability? Ordered a couple of these too, hope they hold up.

Got a spare FOB and key off eBay years ago and programmed it myself, don't remember any issues. Pretty easy, and a lot cheaper than most newer cars these days.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey EZ28 how did the refurb buttons from gtog8ta look? Any trouble with replacing them or durability? Ordered a couple of these too, hope they hold up.

Got a spare FOB and key off eBay years ago and programmed it myself, don't remember any issues. Pretty easy, and a lot cheaper than most newer cars these days.
I haven't replaced them yet. Next on my list. 😉

·
Registered
114 Posts
AFAIK the Pontiac arrowhead fob from GM has been discontinued and only the Holden one remains available to buy new, unless you can find a leftover or a nice used one on Ebay. The GTOG8TA stuff looks great, FWIW.

·
Registered
78 Posts
AFAIK the Pontiac arrowhead fob from GM has been discontinued and only the Holden one remains available to buy new, unless you can find a leftover or a nice used one on Ebay. The GTOG8TA stuff looks great, FWIW.
Good info thanks vintage. GTOG8TA is a great source as the car gets older, but I've found some of their inventory to be pretty low quality, e.g. emblems, repro grilles, etc. Interested to hear feedback on the Holden.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts