LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here they are. Best I could do so far.

Georgia vs. Florida IV GTO King of the Hill Shootout - Official Results

This also gave me a very obvious idea for next year. I got these numbers from the printout in the tower. All we gotta do is keep the printouts from the T&T rather than ask for people to submit their best slip. Details can be worked out later.

Padre

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,811 Posts
Cool Padre. So the tower is just tracking numbers then we can look and do what we want with them.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
Nice job, Padre. It sure emphasizes the fact that 60's are the name of the game. Looking forward to seeing some names to go with the ID numbers.

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think what's cool is the number of guys in the 11's. I'll come up with some stats and an update later.

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updated and fixed some errors.

Added names too. Only one I couldn't find was FL23. So if anyone knows. And if you note mistakes, please let me know.

Padre

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
thanks man good job there

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Updated and fixed some errors.

Added names too. Only one I couldn't find was FL23. So if anyone knows. And if you note mistakes, please let me know.

Padre
Ret.NYCPD is his new screen name

·
Who me, no not me...
10,321 Posts
Nice job, Padre. It sure emphasizes the fact that 60's are the name of the game. Looking forward to seeing some names to go with the ID numbers.
These rankings are based upon the number of rounds that you went to and the speed in that round versus the other losers. If you redlighted, you move to the lowest available place in that round. If you made it to the final round,1-2 place; semi-finals, 3-4 place; second round 5-8 place; 1st round eliminated, 9-16 place

GA4 = 6spdgto__________3 (lost due to reaction time)
FL69 = Doc GTO_________1 (wiener)
GA408 = PadreGTO_______7 (lost due to reaction time/60 ft time)
FL23 = Ret NYCPD_______4 (lost to redlight)
FL13 = FraggerCrue______5 (lost due to reaction time)
FL55 = bmackenn________16 (lost due to speed)
GA11 = BJSchubert______15 (lost due to speed)
FL52 = JoeyD___________13 (lost due to speed)
FL22 = WavyDavy_______6 (lost due to speed)
GA21 = luke0927________14 (lost due to speed)
GA6 = MrsHookmechanic__8 (lost due to speed/breakage)
GA3 = xcaliber__________9 (lost due to speed/60 ft time)
GA5.7 = AUGTO_________11 (lost due to speed)
FL68 = Brazen06________12 (lost due to speed)
FLS6 = Hardcore________2 (lost due to speed)
GA1 = GeorgiaRocker____10 (lost due to speed/60 ft time)

Something we need to do since it came up this time is determine specific rules for weird incidences...red lighting etc.

If both parties red light they are both eliminated?
Whoever red lights first is the loser?
Automatic re-run if both parties red light?

I slept at the tree and lost but if it hadn't happened then then Doc would have 99% killed me unless he had red lighted.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
These rankings are based upon the number of rounds that you went to and the speed in that round versus the other losers. If you redlighted, you move to the lowest available place in that round. If you made it to the final round,1-2 place; semi-finals, 3-4 place; second round 5-8 place; 1st round eliminated, 9-16 place

GA4 = 6spdgto__________3 (lost due to reaction time)
FL69 = Doc GTO_________1 (wiener)
GA408 = PadreGTO_______7 (lost due to reaction time/60 ft time)
FL23 = Ret NYCPD_______4 (lost to redlight)
FL13 = FraggerCrue______5 (lost due to reaction time)
FL55 = bmackenn________16 (lost due to speed)
GA11 = BJSchubert______15 (lost due to speed)
FL52 = JoeyD___________13 (lost due to speed)
FL22 = WavyDavy_______6 (lost due to speed)
GA21 = luke0927________14 (lost due to speed)
GA6 = MrsHookmechanic__8 (lost due to speed/breakage)
GA5.7 = AUGTO_________11 (lost due to speed)
FL68 = Brazen06________12 (lost due to speed)
FLS6 = Hardcore________2 (lost due to speed)
GA1 = GeorgiaRocker____10 (lost due to speed/60 ft time)

Something we need to do since it came up this time is determine specific rules for weird incidences...red lighting etc.

I slept at the tree and lost but if it hadn't happened then then Doc would have 99% killed me unless he had red lighted.
I was forcing myself to have slower R/Ts so I would not redlight. That got me at Bradenton and the last Ga vs. Fl . . .

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I agree. I'm going to start a suggestion thread soon while our ideas are still fresh (for the whole event, not the just KoH). But the re-run was unusual. If someone can look up the rules for both red-lighting in NHRA/IHRA, I'd appreciate it, and we can consider it.

If both had been eliminated, Doc would have won by default. Doesn't sound right to me.

As it is, our KoH is a bit unique. But whatever works, and what's the most fun... works for me.

And as I said a long time ago, the thing I like about this format is that anything can happen, as the chart shows. I was running 11.3 or less at 123+, but I couldn't pull it out. It takes some skill to get the car running right, to get the launch down, and to shift (if you're an M6 weanie ;) ).

Padre

·
2/23/2007 = [email protected]
3,962 Posts
PadreGTO

Could you post the Order and Qualifying Times for the Top 16 King of the Hill Shootout?

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could you post the Order and Qualifying Times for the Top 16 King of the Hill Shootout?
That is the correct order, and I don't have the qualifying times. Rick and Tammra sorted through those.

Next year, we're going to keep all the printouts of every race. They're all numbered - the last race of the Koh was 537/538.

Only problem is that sometimes they list the Car # as "black" or "red" during T&T. But we can take care of that. We can determine the qualifying times from those printouts and if we come across a "black" instead of a number, we just look at the race number, and ask the one with that time slip to present it.

Padre

·
N652GD
2,308 Posts
Review your comments here.....I didn't lose because of speed. Hell that was the highest I ever trapped in this car @ 121.75. I lost due to the fact that Hook's car killed me on 60' times by 4 tenths, and the fact that I could not get full traction until about 150'. Pretty damn good come back I'd say, margin of victory was about .067 seconds.

·
Xterminator
1,595 Posts
That is the correct order, and I don't have the qualifying times. Rick and Tammra sorted through those.

Next year, we're going to keep all the printouts of every race. They're all numbered - the last race of the Koh was 537/538.

Only problem is that sometimes they list the Car # as "black" or "red" during T&T. But we can take care of that. We can determine the qualifying times from those printouts and if we come across a "black" instead of a number, we just look at the race number, and ask the one with that time slip to present it.

Padre
Tamara (or Jason) has a small yellow piece of paper with everyone's qualifying times on it (in order). I remember Fraggercrue was 11.111 and bmackenn was ~~11.903 give or take a few hundreths so the entire sweet 16 were in the 11's. As far as the qualifying "order" (#1 through #16) I believe (from memory) was: FraggerCrue, RetNYCPD, WavyDavy, DocGTO, MrsHookmechanic, 6SPDGTO, PadreGTO, Hardcore, Georgiarocker, Brazen06, AUGTO, Xcaliber, Luke0927, Joeyd, BJSchubert, bmackenn. But, only the illusive yellow scratch pad will tell the truth.

·
Xterminator
1,595 Posts
Review your comments here.....I didn't lose because of speed. Hell that was the highest I ever trapped in this car @ 121.75. I lost due to the fact that Hook's car killed me on 60' times by 4 tenths, and the fact that I could not get full traction until about 150'. Pretty damn good come back I'd say, margin of victory was about .067 seconds.

:iagree:
I trapped my PB of 120 against Hardcore's 114 so I wouldn't say I lost due to speed either. Tony wax'ed me in the first 60 feet, plain and simple (1.735 to 2.119) because I spun my way off the line.:cry:

More VHT & track prep will definitely get my vote for next time.

·
Its fast and fun.
892 Posts
Tamara (or Jason) has a small yellow piece of paper with everyone's qualifying times on it (in order). I remember Fraggercrue was 11.111 and bmackenn was ~~11.903 give or take a few hundreths so the entire sweet 16 were in the 11's. As far as the qualifying "order" (#1 through #16) I believe (from memory) was: FraggerCrue, RetNYCPD, WavyDavy, DocGTO, MrsHookmechanic, 6SPDGTO, PadreGTO, Hardcore, Georgiarocker, Brazen06, AUGTO, Xcaliber, Luke0927, Joeyd, BJSchubert, bmackenn. But, only the illusive yellow scratch pad will tell the truth.
Just curious about something, I know for a fact that Joeyd and bmackenn both were in the low 12's, I saw both timeslips that they submitted, bmackenn was a 12.40, (we were talking about it being his PB of the day right before he went to submit the slip. Here is Joey saying he was running 12.30: http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2405024&postcount=12

·
See what had happened was....
414 Posts
My PB of the day was 11.81 @ 120.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts