LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote a while ago about a premium being added to the MSRP. Called some other dealers for research and reported back to my dealer about getting my deposit back, since others were offering for sticker price. After going back and forth, we settled on his dealership giving me some extras to keep my business. All that has been deteremined so far is a few spring detailing jobs and perhaps some merchandise from the GTO catalog. I guess if I'm going to make this worth my while, what are some other "extras" that I could go far?

BTW, I was amazed at the number of dealers that were real sketchy as to whether or not they were selling for MSRP; wouldn't outright tell me. I'll bet half of the 30 or so dealerships I called did this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Are you paying sticker now or still over. If it's still over sticker I would get my deposite back. No reason to ever pay over sticker on a car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get them to budge on the premium ($2500), so I'm seeing what they'll do to compensate. They said a full detail job cost $275 (roughly $1500 for 5 years). They are also keeping the car in their showroom (with ropes around it, of course) till the weather gets nicer, saving me on storage fees this year. So, to answer your question, the price is still over sticker.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There are so many large Pontiac dealers in the Detroit area you should be able to find one at sticker. I woul continue to call different dealers and whenyou find what you want at sticker get your deposite from your current dealer.

I would never leave a car in a dealer's showroom. They maybe putting ropes around it but that doesn't mean they wont let people sit in it. They will do what ever will help them make a sale.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Buying from a dealership is not something I do too often. I am learning a lot throughout this whole process and from this board.

·
Registered
84 Posts
cvp33 said:
This is what I wear to the dealership when I negotiate. They find it intimidating. Must be my lumberjack shirt!
Holy Crap! You look just like my cousin Virgil from Eastaboga.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
fish said:
I wrote a while ago about a premium being added to the MSRP. Called some other dealers for research and reported back to my dealer about getting my deposit back, since others were offering for sticker price. After going back and forth, we settled on his dealership giving me some extras to keep my business. All that has been deteremined so far is a few spring detailing jobs and perhaps some merchandise from the GTO catalog. I guess if I'm going to make this worth my while, what are some other "extras" that I could go far?

BTW, I was amazed at the number of dealers that were real sketchy as to whether or not they were selling for MSRP; wouldn't outright tell me. I'll bet half of the 30 or so dealerships I called did this.

Thanks.
Just out of curiosity - which dealership are you getting it from? I went into Red Holman a month or so ago to pick up a brochure (I'm ordering out of state - my uncle runs a GM dealership) and they wouldn't even talk to me - like they knew they could add premium when the cars came in.

Oh, and oil changes. Especially if you decide to go synthetic this could really be helpful.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buying through Cawood in Port Huron. I called Red Holman and the guy seemed offended that I was even asking.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
You signed something? Did you get a copy that a lawyer could take a look at?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I hear you Davbo. Never been good at it. What's that they say about nice guys?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Fish~

DO NOT let your GTO sit in that showroom for one day. Get your car away from the dealer the day it hits the groud.

When I took delivery of my Firehawk it was on the lot for a total of two hours. Got the call at 3:30 it t had arrived I was there at 5:30 to pick it up.

My GTO is a difernt story since I purchasing it from a dealer in Wisconsin. They are going to bring it to me and take my Sonoma pick-up away.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Don't let them have it. About 30 years ago my Dad was cruising some Jag dealershiip in DC and they were unloading a new 3.8 coupe of the trailer. He said I'd like to buy that car. They said is sold already. Customer ordered it. He said I want that car. They said is sold. Guess who won! It was nice. They will roll on you. Dealers will tell you any thing, as we are seeing.:(

·
Registered
43 Posts
DO NOT EVER PAY OVER STICKER FOR ANY CAR!!!

I dont care what it is or how bad you want it, its simply not worth it man. Think about it....the day after you drive it off...its instantly worth less..you are instantly upside down. Hell...I wont even pay sticker for a car. If they dont come down...I dont buy it. Life goes on...but this has never happened on any of the 20+ cars I have purchased. :)

And I agree with the others....dont let it sit in thier showroom....and hell I will fly up there and detail your car for $275 a pop~~ !!! hahaa

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
They saw you coming a mile away and you took it in the rear with no vasoline.

Why do people need these cars in the dead of winter unless you live in Florida, Texas or Souther Cal?

People, they are making 18K of them. THey didn't make that many WS6's and those could be found on lots well into the 1st half of this year.

It just boggles my mind. It happens wiht every new performance car when first introduced. I could go get a Mach1 for $22k or a Cobra for $28K right now.

Have patience.

I feel for the people that got suckered but like the old saying goes, "Buyer beware"

www.carbuyingtips.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey man good to see you again...you used to be on the GAGT forum right?? :) If I remember right we shared many of the same opinions on this sort of thing. :) If your teh same guy that is hehe.

And your dead right on the Mach 1....my buddy got his brand new for 21k!! out the door!

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
RamAirDave said:
Hey man good to see you again...you used to be on the GAGT forum right?? :) If I remember right we shared many of the same opinions on this sort of thing. :) If your teh same guy that is hehe.

And your dead right on the Mach 1....my buddy got his brand new for 21k!! out the door!

Yup, when I had my GA. I traded the GA on a Z28 Vert, then I bought a condo so I downsized to a Cavalier. Ugh.

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
I ordered my car the begining of June. The dealership did not ask me for one cent. They knew I was serious about the car. They told me it was going to be about 33k. But I'm not paying that, I'll make them an offer and if they don't like it I'll go get a CTS. Pretty soon they will be like any other car....... easy to get. You shouldn't have to pay more and then go to the dealership to visit your car............... they are taking you for a ride.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts