LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
VANDALIZED
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week we should be installing my Turbo System,Here is a list of what will be done any help or input would be helpfull.
1) Basic STS tubo system
2) upgrade to T70
3)Meth injection
4)Tiel blowoff
5)wide band install and gauge
6) Custom Built clutch
7) High volume fuel pump
8) boost gauge
9)Boost control
10)custom tune with LS2 Edit
That is all for now, I will be running low boost for now until I see if I need more power.If I need more power I'll build the bottom end but if the calculations are correct I think this will be enough! Before everyone jumps on here and says you need a intercooler I plan on building one the one from STS is way to much.

·
Mindless Poo Flinger
2,711 Posts
wow, why the upgrade to the t70? Built block?

i just went with the t67

·
VANDALIZED
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I hope its fun!
The T70 is more efficient and can build more power in my engines power curve . Because its more efficient it creates less heat and has room left to grow. There's no replacement for displacement.

·
VANDALIZED
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:turbonaug The trim size of the turbo in mm. This refers to the side of the turbo that the exaust spins so the otherside can create boost.
As far as what I refered to when I said the T70 was more efficient I mean that if on a base engine with all factors the same the T67 would max out boost long before the T70 so the T70 at the same boost number lets say 5psi would not have to work as hard as the T67 to create the same amount of boost. This means a longer life because it is not working as hard.The only drawback other than the cost is that it will take longer to spool up. I dont race the car at 3000rpm so I feel this wont be a factor. I launch the car between 2500rpm and 3500rpm. (I have a M6) The T70 starts to make serious power @3500rpm and will be pulling like a freight train by 6000rpm (conservative HP # 600 rwhp) and the T70 will not be close to full boost potential.This info is from my installer they are the experts and are the ones that have the knowledge when it comes to these systems. (and yes a forged stroker is coming soon,stay tuned)

·
05/06 AEROFORCE HERE NOW!!!
2,352 Posts
Hey LS2 Tiger,

I hope you got in on our STS Sale this month...we've got some killer prices going right now--guaranteed to beat the rest by a good margin! ;)

I can't wait to see how your setup works out...good choices! :thumbs:

·
Turbo Whistle? She's Stock:)
322 Posts
Great Setup here's Mine after Many revisions. It should be here by Thursday but installation is another issue.

STS Kit
GT67 Turbo Upgrade
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump(Looking for a deal on an 8.1L bucket)
RPS Clutch and Fly 2900ib
60ib Injectors
Meth Kit

·
VANDALIZED
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noraku_6.0L said:
Great Setup here's Mine after Many revisions. It should be here by Thursday but installation is another issue.

STS Kit
GT67 Turbo Upgrade
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
RPS Clutch and Fly 2900ib
60ib Injectors
Meth Kit
What type of control do you plan to use?
Are you A4 or M6?
Looks like the system I have other than the GT67 "Cool Boost":turbonaug
What type of tune are you using?

·
322 Posts
LS2 tiger said:
What type of control do you plan to use?
Are you A4 or M6?
Looks like the system I have other than the GT67 "Cool Boost":turbonaug
What type of tune are you using?

CONTROL? If your refering to the boost controller then.....

Boost Controller, will be a HKS Digital Boost contoller/monitor, forgot to mentoin the SSQV BOV to maintain boost while shifting.

The Meth Kit will be controlled by a progressive controller which I've yet to order.

I own an M6, and it'll be a custom dyno tune, performed by eaither Jeremy or a local tuner.

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
LS2tiger do a search on my threads me and another member did a short write up with pics on how to build your own intercooler

·
322 Posts
1INSANEGTO said:
LS2tiger do a search on my threads me and another member did a short write up with pics on how to build your own intercooler
That'll be the Biggest bang for your buck IMO, $1K for an intercooler is crazy! DIY, and you'll never regret it.

·
VANDALIZED
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1INSANEGTO said:
Yep been there and checked it out I will most likely go that route.thanks for the great info.

·
VANDALIZED
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Doric said:
You're welcome. ;)
Thank you and you and you and ?
Stay tuned Ill need more help Im about 10k into building Frankenstein here and Ive just started.If there is any money left afer the completion Im having neck bolts made for the rear pillars, Ha Ha!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts