LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
its only a 5.7 its the slow1
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so igot into pfyc.com and bought the gauge pod for 50$, ad i got the vacum/boost auto light gauge mechanical, and the i got the fuel pressure gauge 0-100psi also mechanical are these gauges ok to get them in mechanical instead of electric ??? thnks

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Please keep us updated with all the "little" things that pop up..like where you move the pcm too, if the hose to the thermostat housing gets in the way of the inlet pipe, the amount of clearance with the radiator canister on the fender and the line coming from it....

It's a damn nice kit and I would like it myself but I'm a little worried about the "little" issue adding up..

·
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol im far far away from having money

·
Registered
452 Posts
LS1_GTO said:
ok so igot into pfyc.com and bought the gauge pod for 50$, ad i got the vacum/boost auto light gauge mechanical, and the i got the fuel pressure gauge 0-100psi also mechanical are these gauges ok to get them in mechanical instead of electric ??? thnks
you cannot use a mechanical fp gauge inside the car. You need an electric one with a fp sender (they cost quite a bit more). Mechanical boost is fine.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
lsXfanatic said:
you cannot use a mechanical fp gauge inside the car. You need an electric one with a fp sender (they cost quite a bit more). Mechanical boost is fine.
yup...

·
Quest for 10's Continues!
3,561 Posts
How'd you swing the Pod for $50?? I need one too or similar for some gauges in the next few weeks and that would be a good price for a gauge pod!!

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
lsXfanatic said:

Since when? Autometer makes a added part to where you can.

I am running Dynojet Commander Wide band and Boost gage. I am making a pod for my Fuel and oil pressure and which both are mech. :bs:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
1INSANEGTO said:
Since when? Autometer makes a added part to where you can.

I am running Dynojet Commander Wide band and Boost gage. I am making a pod for my Fuel and oil pressure and which both are mech. :bs:
You can't have mechanical gauges inside your car that contain fuel and/or oil. The mechanical gauges for fuel and oil are meant for those that mount gauges externally. For interior you use electric. It's your life do what you want but you will fail inspection at tracks that check.

Your wideband and boost gauge don't contain harmful chemicals that could burn or injure you while operating the vehicle so they are exempt.

Jeff

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
if you are moronic enough to run a mechanical fuel or oil guage into the cabin of your vehicle, you deserve what you get.

·
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats why i posted on here first...im tring to sell the plate

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
jcain said:
if you are moronic enough to run a mechanical fuel or oil guage into the cabin of your vehicle, you deserve what you get.
oil in a copper tube i can see, and have run them before in older cars. fuel is 100% a no-no... unless you just want to live on the edge

isolators are to much money on top of buy'in the $80 gauge

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i find it funny that 5 years ago people were asking if electric gauges were ok to run because we all used mechanical which are better but harder to plumb :eek:

·
Omnicidal maniac
1,311 Posts
I don't see a big safety issue with a mechanical oil pressure gauge. Fuel, on the other hand, NO. However, I would feel much better not running any liquids into my interior.

·
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
attaches using 3M double-sided tape.....hmmmmmmm why not just spend 100.00 and get both gauges from them. thats what i did

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
On my SS, I moved my oil pressure sending unit to my fuel rail. Made a VERY nice in dash fuel pressure gauge. Free too. Too bad the GTO has a damn light.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts