LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, i just upgraded my fuel system. That was the biggest piece to the puzzle at this point. Drove it to work yesterday and did a couple hits while dialing in the fuel. I can say, I'm excited for whats to come. This thing is now pulling harder on a hot day that its used to on a cool night.
Now that the fuel is keeping up, its time to push things further. This weekends plans are install my 3 bar map sensor, meth injection and my new radio that has torque app on it to monitor engine vitals better.
Plans are for about 18-20 psi with a couple more degrees timing on the meth. Wonder whats gonna break? lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
I hope nothing but would say tranny will go first. I know you know your trannys but still say a clutch pack before a rear end component.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope nothing but would say tranny will go first. I know you know your trannys but still say a clutch pack before a rear end component.
Possibly. My money is on the sunshell, sun gear or a planet. The clutch packs are on point tho. Did you see that beefy 3-4 setup? That thing is pretty stout with those wider clutches. The hard parts I think are the weakest link. I don’t know if I mentioned this, I have some tq management dialed in on the shifts and my boost controller reduces boost momentarily upon gear changes. I’m using these strategies to try and help it live. Heck, listen to a new mustang or camaro on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. You can hear it ease up on the power on those shifts. I’m leaving in 3-4lbs boost, so not too hard. If I can pull off a 1.6-1.7 60ft I think I can get it in the low 10’s. Hopefully.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Nah Huber. That’ll be going backwards with the provisions he has in place for the 4L60E.
Kfx, I didn’t see ur trans build but trust it’s stout. Didn’t know you had boost controlled the shifts. That’s a cool feature.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah Huber. That’ll be going backwards with the provisions he has in place for the 4L60E.
Kfx, I didn’t see ur trans build but trust it’s stout. Didn’t know you had boost controlled the shifts. That’s a cool feature.
yea this trans is stout. I did a build thread on ls1 tech, maybe here too. It’s got the sonnax billetinput and out our shafts, billet everything they offer and a modified input drum that takes custom 3-4 frictions that are wider.

if I ever had to change transmissions. I don’t ever see myself going with anything old school. My only two choices in my mind are a 4l80 or a 6l80/90. And honestly I think I’d just go ahead and spend the extra coin for the 6 speed auto. I’d have a custom carbon shaft built for it unless I can retain the stock shaft. We have a driveshaft shop (couple actually) in town that could adapt the yoke to the new trans. Honestly, cross that ditch if I ever get there.
I will say this, if I break the sun gear or the input planet, I will probably just buy the one last piece I didn’t buy from sonnax, the billet input carrier with improved gear ratio. The 1-2 drop isn’t near as bad. Not that it really even matters at the point I’m at. It makes so much tq.

the boost controller I have is pretty neat. It controls boost in each gear, over boost, gear change boost, launch boost and have two outputs to control what we you might want. You can choose the activation method of boost, rpm, throttle position, timed, gear activated in, or vehicle speed. One of those or any combination. Say you want something to activate at full throttle but only past 20mph. Yep.I’m using one channel for a fuel pump and the other for meth.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Very cool - I do remember now seeing one of your Trans threads for the first time. A how to for dummies. Right after ‘danger noodle’ did his A4 to M6 swap after killing 4-5 4l60’s, no shade thrown.

·
Registered
265 Posts
@Kfxguy which radio are you upgrading to that integrates with the Torque app? Like your build!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very cool - I do remember now seeing one of your Trans threads for the first time. A how to for dummies. Right after ‘danger noodle’ did his A4 to M6 swap after killing 4-5 4l60’s, no shade thrown.
Man, I told that guy whoever was doing his transmissions must not know what they are doing. I’m running 16lbs of boost on my engine and this trans has been thrashed for over a year now. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say I probably have a little more power than him. And when my car was na, I didn’t have all kinds of upgraded stuff done to it and it lasted like almost 2 years before I decided to yank it and upgrade (wasn’t having issues but having a turbo it was only a matter of time).

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Kfxguy which radio are you upgrading to that integrates with the Torque app? Like your build!
You want me to do a thread on it? I just hooked it up in my car to test it and I’m pretty impressed! It’s a enon unit. It’s the 7” one without a volume knob. Problem is, I’m having to file a good bit off the trim ring to make the buttons accessible. Other than that it’s pretty sweet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts