LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.... I'm not sure if it's just because of the cold and increased static electricity or what ....
but I'm getting a small arc and can physically feel a slight "shock" (like static & door knob) when I put my key in the ignition.

I never seemed to remember this happening before .... I've owned the car since 2011.

Also, the car battery loses power after about 5-7 days. I recently starting charging it on weekends (3 weeks). Granted, the battery is about 7-8 years old so I'm due one.
However, I'm sort of thinking there's a correlation between the battery loss of power and now getting shocked with key insertion......

Maybe I'm just forgetting this happens regularly during cold weather (clothing/static) or am I paranoid about parasitic loss and wiring issues?

When I search the forum, all I get is frozen ignition switch locked and threads about shocks .... lol.

Is this a thing?

·
Worthless reject member
38,030 Posts
Battery draining in less than a week is not normal. You have a drain somewhere.

First thing i would check is the BCM harness to see if it has rubbed through and perhaps a 12v battery power wire is making contact somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts