LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the basic stuff like CAGS, cats overtemp, and fan temps are fairly obvious and easy.

The hard part is starting on the fuel settings. I am reading everything I can find, but am rather paranoid about causing more problems than improvements. How do I begin to work on the LTFT shown below?

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, looking at the program on the Injector Flow Rate vs. KPA VAC screen, I would go to the Edit Multiple Values, tick "Times", then tick "All", put .92 in the box, and click on "Commit". Is this correct? Pardon the double checking, but this is a pretty powerful tuning tool and ignorance can toast an engine, so I prefer to be sure.

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, did the .92 to the Flow Rate table, came up with the following histogram, albeit on a shorter log run:

Its better than before, and I can feel an improvement in throttle response, but still needs work.

I just went in to the timing screen and changed that to 255 as well, thanks.

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What am I shooting for here? -4 to 0 for all cells? Also, when editing the VE cells individually, am I just adding the number that I want the cell to change?

Example, cell 60, 1.2 on my second image is 7. Do I add 7 to that cell in the VE Percent table to make it 0? Just trying to figure out what changes do what.

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the help, and wish that HP Tuners had a bit more of a helpful manual and a bit less "find it yourself" regards tuning info. Lots and lots of message boards and posts, which means lots and lots of info, but finding the exact thing you need to know could take hours.

I will likely be back here often reading posts and asking questions. It wouldn't hurt for someone to collate all the good info into a sticky guide for us FNGs...

I also am wondering if I should be using smoothing on the final product to make the 3D graph blend better... ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts