LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the idea i had in my head would look like the shedevils on the tank but with the angry goat on the cowl. would the whole car have to be painted? can this be done with vinyl graphics? would this look good? am I a dumb a$$ who should not be allowed to customize my car?

Attachments

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Most likely would have to be done in paint, just the hood, no your not a dumba$$. And if you do it make sure you see some prior "ghost" paintwork from the guy. Oh and post pics!

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
^^WOW! Nice!^^

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
machine said:
Do it! Anything to battle blandness. It may look better if the image is ghosted in instead of being surrounded by black.
thats just my very poor photoshop skills. it would be done like the bike tank. Idealy subtle enough you could almost miss it, probably wouldnot be able to see it in your rear view if I was behind it

·
I Gotta Have More Cowbell
419 Posts
reeferman said:
thats just my very poor photoshop skills. it would be done like the bike tank. Idealy subtle enough you could almost miss it, probably wouldnot be able to see it in your rear view if I was behind it
Hell yeah then -- DO IT - DO IT. Unfortunately, you know the very fist time you’re behind a truck a rock will fly up and hit the new paint in the most noticeable place. Grrrr

·
O-H-I-O
746 Posts
reeferman said:
the idea i had in my head would look like the shedevils on the tank but with the angry goat on the cowl. would the whole car have to be painted? can this be done with vinyl graphics? would this look good? am I a dumb a$$ who should not be allowed to customize my car?
First of all, you are from Big Ten Country...GOOD, I am an Ohioan myself, yes I am a Buckeye Fan.
Second, people are going to have (and are entitled to their opinian).
It's your car, so do with it what you like.
I think it would look good without the surrounding black, but that's just me.
Our cars are the last of this edition of GTO's, so what you do with your car can make it very unique.
Vinyl is an option, many people are getting into vinyl due to the ease of the application. The other advantage to vinyl is removal, once you get tired of the graphics you can remove without much fuss. Vinyl can last (guaranteed) for 5-7 years.
Painting is more permenant. If it's done correctly, the angry goat will look good.
All in all, you be the judge.:judge:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the coments, I'm surprised they were pretty much positive as the autoform hood without the graphic seemed to draw love hate reactions. Has anyone seen vinyl ghost graphics. Would there even be huch cost savings over air brushing

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
it would look very cheap trying to duplicate a ghost graphic with a stick on. if you think about it, one reason why ghost graphics work is because they are UNDER the clear coat and very smooth. besides that a painter is going to mix and match the paint until it is perfect. there is NO WAY IN HELL that a stick on graphics guy is gonna get close to the right colors. I really wouldn't do it if I were you. it would kind of be like putting on those stick on hoodscoops

JMHO

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
It might look ok but the tank your looking at is a brandywine candy....not sure how it would look under the red we have..

now with that said you could have them wetsand the center and use a airbrush with clear and graphite,and then they would clear it.If that was something i would do thats how i would have them do it.

·
O-H-I-O
746 Posts
If you are happy with your decision, I would spend the extra money and have it painted. I agree with 1969SS, it would not look as good if you went with vinyl, but it is still an option. Again, it is your car..if you want this graphic, then I say "go for it".:thumbs:

·
Can't... stop... modding...
929 Posts
I'm thinking that a section of killer paint would make the rest of the car look like crap. Might be jarring to the eye.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
That photo chop needs some serious help. Nobody can gauge on what it will reall look like with the cut and paste job.
Chuch

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.