LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Kollar Racing Products
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious...does anyone have them?I have yet to meet anyone who had the keys. Did GM "hide' them somewhere in the car?

·
Forced Introduction
139 Posts
When I bought my 05 this summer, I didn't get my glove box key either.
I had to order a set and an extra key for the ignition, that cost me a lot because they throw in that programming fee for just hitting a button.

Honestly, I was upset that I didn't have the glove keys at first, but now that I have them, I have never used them.

Everyone is different though...you might use them all the time.
If you do go to get them make sure you have the id card from the car because it has your specific number on there.

·
Registered
498 Posts
When i picked up my car it had 2 in the center console. Something funny about these keys is that it will unlock and start my moms 02 grand prix....

·
Collecting "My Lil Ponies"
2,965 Posts
i got mine on the key ring with the regular key. both of them that is. came with the car when i got it.

·
Crankcase Oil Formulator
553 Posts
I received both sets of keys from the dealer 2 ignition keys and 2 glove box keys. I would go back to the delaer and tell them they owe you some keys!

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
i bought the car late april. you think they would believe me enough to not charge me the 300 something bucks for another car key?

·
1 of 412 QS Black/M6/18's
528 Posts
i didn't recieve any keys for the glove box. Went back to the dealer, gave him my security card, and he walked over and had them cut while I was getting the oil changed to mobil 1 synthetic and getting some RP swapped into the tranny and diff.

My sales guy is a huge muscle car fan, loves the GTO, and actually was at the Nebraska Crossing Pontiac car show. Great guy, now if I could get their service department to be as respectful.

·
Pure Power
485 Posts
2of each also

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
i have 2 of each key plus about 10 keychains attached. he handed me a handful of keys and was like here ya go. as i sorted through all of the crap i discovered how many keys i had. i guess the dealer up in saginaw michigan doesnt get alot of business and wanted to get their name out to the chicagoland people. eh. now those floormat holders, thats a different story. think i can go to my local dealership and con my way into a set???

·
Registered
395 Posts
only recived 2 keys for the ignition as well, they said that there were no other keys available for these cars when i asked about the glove box key or valet key

·
Administrator
9,486 Posts
Got mine used from a dealer, came with two complete sets of keys- 2 remotes and 2 glovebox keys. Haven't used the glovebox keys once.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I never received my glovebox keys.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
so would the dealer give me a new ignition key? or would he not believe that they never gave it to me. i can hear what they would say already " oh sorry. you should have told us before if you really weren't given one"

1 - 20 of 64 Posts