LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Clarification: If you have the new GM card, the limit is $1000.

Original GM card holders should be able to apply our entire earnings total. At least we better be able to!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Wooohooo!!!

I have the original. When GM came out with their new one everyone I knew jumped on the bandwagon and got a new one. I stayed the game and kept the old one and they made fun of me.

Who's laughing now?? This isn't the first set of restrictions I've heard on the newer cards that the original holders like myself don't have issues with!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is a couple of other goodies.

Some people have reported getting a $750 certificate after taking the 24 hour test drive. I have not done that but it may be worth trying. What the heck it is free.

If you have an Autoshow in motion event near you, you get a $500 bonus to your existing card or a new card just for attending.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Rocket said:
I just checked and I am just short of $6,000 in Points! YES thats SIX THOUSAND! :D
If you have $6k on your GM card you must be on the new program in which case only $1k can be used towards the GTO.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the old card and it is blue. The old card only allows you to accumulate up to $500 earnings per year. At the 7th year, if you haven't redeemed, you lose year 1 earnings so the most you can accumulate is $3500. The good thing is, though, that you can use all $3500 on one car. The new card allows unlimited earnings but GM limits how much you can apply to each specific model. When viewing the GM Card website, the new GM card looks like it is silver.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My GM card is blue and I called in and they said I had the new card only making me eligible for $1000 savings not the entire amount. I'm going to try and find my contract and check it out further.

Suprfun

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
All I know is that I got the card when it first came out. So I know I'm on the old plan. :D

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Unless you switched.......when the new card came out, they tried to get people with the original card to switch to the new program but it was voluntary and I said "no thanks."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts