LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,024 Posts
Hey Peter man, watch out for your Tie Rods bud!

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,051 Posts
I'd read this in rumor mill postings months ago, not surprised it's coming true. Electric cars are auto makers excuse to pull whatever bullshit they can think of out of their ass and call it innovation.

·
Worthless reject member
38,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im before they bring back pontiac with an E-G6. Almost as quick as a base model 3 but with less range, worse quality, more body cladding, and higher msrp.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,647 Posts
naw man bring back the parisenne, using the Traverse/Encore platform but with more chrome and velur seats. As an electric. They only come in purple, metalic cream, or royal blue. yeah, that would sell.

·
Hermes Trismegistus
16,206 Posts
The H3 was an awesome vehicle, especially in the Alpha trim. It is still one of the last good vehicles made by GM that isn’t named Corvette.
I agree. I rented one in CO, and put it through it's paces on Lincoln Creek road near Aspen. Very tough and capable. The downside with the rental was it had the 5 cylinder engine. The Alpha trim would have made it complete. The 5 was adequate for offroading, but was a real dog on mountain highways. The other thing of note, is that it had one hell of a drivers side blind spot. All in all, I would have considered getting an Alpha.

·
16,334 Posts
Yep, H3 Alpha with Adventure Package (IIRC that was name, went by offroad pkg too...came with 4.10's with V8 or 4.56 on 5 [been awhile but those axle ratios were across the board], rear and then later front locker, 4:1 T/C, 33" MT's, stronger front diff [also believe this was a V8 thing regardless of options] etc.) was pretty capable...the H3T equipped same was good, too and quite rare...they have held their value quite well...they were not just colorado with diff body.

·
Hermes Trismegistus
16,206 Posts
Back to the original topic, I have a hard time seeing an all-electric off-roader.

·
16,334 Posts
I don't recall a swaybar disconnect, but it's been awhile since I was looking at them. Besides, with IFS (boo), not sure how beneficial.

Came close to trading my 06 GTO for an H3T Alpha leather with Adv Pkg in 09....they were blowing them out (msrp was over 40k) and the gto was still worth something and paid off. Could've sold it later for practically what it sold for. Oh well.

·
Worthless reject member
38,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wait till the vette is electric.

The proverbial fecal matter will hit the rotating blades for air circulation.

·
Unaware of loss, Nor of gain
8,028 Posts
Wait till the vette is electric.

The proverbial fecal matter will hit the rotating blades for air circulation.
It will be exciting time. Hopefully performance is competitive to Tesla Roadster, but cheaper since GM knows how to build stuff.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts