LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I just wanted to introduce our company to those who don't know about us. We are a GM sponsored race team and are piloting the new GTO in the new sport of Drifting. Here is a photo of our car in action.

We have developed many products for the race car and plan to put them into production in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

Team RMR
www.rmrproducts.com

·
LS1 Enthusiast!
154 Posts
Very cool man, welcome to the site. When you do have your
products available, be sure to contact Devil Yellow about becoming
a sponsor!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind welcome. When we first entered D1, we just finished the car a few days before... the car has since been fully set-up! We are leaving soon for the first Formula D (the new SCCA drift event) in Atlanta, so keep an eye out for that.

Team RMR
www.rmrproducts.com

PS. We didnt do anything with the GTO in the USA movie, but we do have another GTO coming soon. ;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
RMRGTO:

Glad to have you as a regestered user. I am interested in the technical specs. for your Drift GTO, esp. wheel, tire and suspension. Are these posted anywhere?

·
Registered
523 Posts
RMRGTO said:
Hello:

I just wanted to introduce our company to those who don't know about us. We are a GM sponsored race team and are piloting the new GTO in the new sport of Drifting. Here is a photo of our car in action.

We have developed many products for the race car and plan to put them into production in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

Team RMR
www.rmrproducts.com
Not being much of a racing enthusiast and lacking access (because I'm too cheap) to cable sports programming, "Drifting" is new to me. I'd appreciate a brief explanation of the sport.

Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Essentially, drifting is driving around a track and doing extremely crazy powerslides whenever possible... usually resulting in a smoke screen. Except mashing the pedal around a turn is only 1 method of drifting. Weight transfer and use of the e-brake are other ways to do this. Then, you get judged against other competitors on technique and showmanship.

As for specs, most everything on the car is custom. We used some pre-existing parts, but modified them to fit. The wheels and tires are 17x8 front and 17x9 rear wrapped in Yokohama ES100's.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
welcome to the board

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
RMRGTO said:
Hello:

Team RMR
www.rmrproducts.com

Welcome !! Keep us informed of products. Personally we have a bit in common. 1 The GTO and 2 I have some roots in Huntington Beach.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Welcome to the board. I'm looking forward to following your teams progress. Do the GTO proud.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
RMRGTO said:
Hello:

Team RMR
www.rmrproducts.com
Glad to see PMD sponsor Someone now that they left NASCAR. :sneaky:
Welcome to the board :cool:

·
Registered
593 Posts
RMRGTO's car got a good write up in the July 04 issue of Sports Car International (420 hp, LS6 heads, lightened, etc.) Also a test of IBM 6 speed. The test noted "Corvette power, an aggressively sweet exhaust note, a beautifully balanced chassis and a build quality that belies the $33,000 price tag."

·
3,327 Posts
Drifting is almost an art.

I am kind of interested in what they have done to the rear-end when it comes to the wheel hop issue? In drifting (from what I have seen), you would be at a serious disadvantage if that happened to you. Any secrets and/or products adressing this RMR?? :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts