LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Grilla
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Ripshift race version last night, but noticed the the top of the shifter in the center of the gold ring was a well open to the out side and would attract dirt, water and other crud. The small black boot that fits on the white plasitc cover seems to fit over the gold peice quite nicley. Has any one used this or somthing else to protect the mechanism?
Has anyone found additional sound deadening techniques that work, if so what worked and where can one get it:gears: :gears:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I was going to use this boot. My original one was torn. I will have to believe this will help alot. I wish the GMM came with a boot.

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
The boot you put over it was 100% correct, that's what i did on mine.

As for the noise, no, deal with it, it's worth it.
off topic,where you getting your tune done in CT?

·
Grilla
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. Love the shifter. Not searching for gears with a dead fish for a shif handle. Just needed a litle confirmation I was going down the the right path.

Tim:patriot:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I noticed some noise where the front of the shifter hit the floor, and possibly the boot. I pried up on the floor slightly and I got under the car and streached the boot one wrinkle over the shifter base. The last fold / wrinkle in the boot was interfearing with the sifter, but it streached just fine. I will probably need another in a couple of years, but it appears to be very heavy high quality rubber, not like that domestic s$%t.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Wow, a $250.00 boot.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sucha' bagain at twice da price.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
If you use a boot becarefull. Rubber shavings could get in and cause a premature failure. I would look at shifters like the pro5.0 for mustangs and camaro's ... they have been around for much longer and say to not put a small boot right over their shifters. I've never heard Phonsy speak about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts