LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
New home track: Nürburgring
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I know this is mentioned somewhere deep in one of the GMM threads, but I can't search easily to find it.

The allen head bolts people recommend replacing, anyone know exactly what I need to buy from the hardware store. I remember something like (3) 35mm and (1) 30mm? Coarse or fine thread? Size?

Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
The REAR Passenger side is the only one you have to worrry about. It is provided with the kit. Just remember your lock-tite medium.

I know the sizes were 3x 6mm and 1x 5mm (the rear passenger side)

·
Administrator
9,486 Posts
I think what he is referring to is the fact that many people replace the OEM allen-head bolts with standard hex-heads for easier reassembly. Yes the rear passenger bolt has to be the shorter allen-head provided with the shifter, due to the limited clearance.
I replaced my bolts with hex-heads but I had a supply of assorted hardware available at the time so I just grabbed ones that matched, therefore I can't provide the specs offhand.

·
isu_gto
422 Posts
M8x1.25x35mm bolts and lock washers. I used a 30mm bolt for the right rear one.

·
New home track: Nürburgring
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
phantom04 said:
M8x1.25x35mm bolts and lock washers. I used a 30mm bolt for the right rear one.
Thank you. Too bad my damn internet went down yesterday, and I couldn't check back here for the answer in time. I ended up reinstalling the stock bolts, so let's just hope that I never have to remove the GMM or mess with the shifter again.

1,636 Posts
I sure you know but the directions are backwards because it's made in ausi !!!! My GMM came with new new bolts, I have the street version

1 - 6 of 6 Posts