LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For quite some time now we have been able to keep more Ripshifts in stock and when we do run out it has been a dramatically quicker wait time. I wanted to start a new thread so that people did not think that there were months of waits or anything like that.

We have been selling and installing this shifter for the past 2 years now. We feel this is one of the best improvements you can make to your manual transmission GTO.

GMM Ripshift t56 Shifter for your GTO ("Race" Version) - $304.99 shipped. Click here to buy.

www.ls1speed.com
866-LS1-SPEED

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm interested. I'm failry handy, is there some online instructions that I can look at to determine if I can put it in myself?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpicySmitty said:
I'm interested. I'm failry handy, is there some online instructions that I can look at to determine if I can put it in myself?

Thanks,
Chris
http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102925 This is a good install guide.

PeteyPete said:
Do you carry the street version?
I am sorry but we do not. We only import the 'race' version. The term race version should be used very loosely. It is just like any other shifter we sell for any other performance car.

Thanks!

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Mine shipped today, woo hoo. Gonna match up good with my LS7 Clutch from Fred Beans.

·
05' CGM GTO
3,548 Posts
which one requires no modification to the stock shifter, i know one of them requires modification and i want the one that requires no modification. I also heard it takes 2 months to have it shipped from jhp so id rather not buy from them.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
sporaclic said:
which one requires no modification to the stock shifter, i know one of them requires modification and i want the one that requires no modification. I also heard it takes 2 months to have it shipped from jhp so id rather not buy from them.
Sorry LS1 SPEED to butt in on your thread, i could not sit here and let this post go unanswered.

sporaclic, I have no idea where on earth you heard that it takes 2 months for it to be shipped from JHP. We quote a 7-10 day delivery period.

As our GMM Ripshifter stock is stored in the U.S., delivery period is more like 5 days, and at times less than this.

I hope i have cleared this up for you sporaclic.

Regards,
Mathew.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Matthew thats ok - its fairly known that your delivery times are prompt.

Also there is no GMM shifter that requires modification... they use the stock knob and stock boot, bolt strait onto the stock transmission.

This is our shipping map - some customers in the midwest receive their order the next day...

·
medium rare
348 Posts
Still got the GMM Race version in stock as well as some drag bags?

·
medium rare
348 Posts
Ls1 Speed said:
goatburger - yes on both accounts!
Order placed. Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Don't suppose anyone has a sound clip of the difference between the race and street version? I'm definitely thinking of going with the race setup especially since I already broke the stock shifter once, but I'd like to have some idea of how much noiser it is...

·
Registered Loser
931 Posts
Sensai said:
Don't suppose anyone has a sound clip of the difference between the race and street version? I'm definitely thinking of going with the race setup especially since I already broke the stock shifter once, but I'd like to have some idea of how much noiser it is...
The race version is not that noisy - I barely hear mine with the stereo off, and the sound is kinda cool, anyway - you'll love it, guaranteed! Speed Inc also installs these (they did both my 05 and my wife's 06) and did a good job for what I thought was a reasonable price.

·
Speed Junkie
1,312 Posts
Just placed my order about 15 minutes ago. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts