LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain GMS pricing and how I can convince my dealer to sell my GTO at that price? I'm already stuck with $2500 over sticker and will try anything now to lower it. Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
GMS

Yes I work for GM in Kansas City, Ks. GMS pricing is a pre- determined price for GM employees only -- but dealers do not have to sell to employees if they dont want it is left up to each dealer. GMS is about 15% less shipping --- smaller cars are a little less and bigger more .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does that mean that I can get the car at GMS even though I am not an employee if the dealer chooses?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
GMS pricing is a price determined by the manufacturer but left totally up to the dealer to decide whether or not to sell the vehicle at that price. It is only for GM employees and I believe GM suppliers (I may be wrong about the suppliers). Keep in mind one thing, MSRP is Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price.

I live about 25 - 30 miles north of Detroit. What dealer is charging you $2500.00 above MSRP?

·
Registered
287 Posts
GMS

No you cant. About the best a dealer could do if he was willing would be invoice and if you were a real good friend maybe he would give up his dealer hold back, The dealers around Kansas and Missouri are all most selling for MSRP.I am getting mine for GMS which is about $ 29,495 I think. Mine is Torrid Red - Black int and Auto.

·
Registered
287 Posts
GMS

I think suppliers discount is a couple of % less than employees. I no last year I bought a 2002 ZO6 Corvette at GMS its MSRP was $50,950 and I paid about $42,900 and change.

·
Registered
287 Posts
GMS

In the last 10 years or so GM has revamped our discount for employees about 3 times and each time we have lost a little more of our discount. Pretty soon a person off the street that knows how to deal will be able to buy a car with in a few 100 dollars of what we can. First our discount was Option 1 and Option 2. Option 1 was order a car and get the maxiun discount --- Option 2 was make your best deal with the dealer and get an additional 5% on top of that. Then it went to GMS or GMO ---GMS is out of stock and a couple of extra % less discount and GMO was max discount but you had to order. Now they did away with the Max doscount. The only discount is GMS which GM makes that couple extra % on us.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
We were near there Saturday night! Went to a hockey game in Port Huron.

I am waiting for the 2005. That is when my lease is up (3/05). Gotta tell you though, the wait is gonna KILL me!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
That sucks HD! You would think that there employees and suppliers should get a better deal than that.

I know Ford employees pay 2% BELOW invoice (called the A Plan) and their suppliers pay 2% above invoice (called the X Plan).

·
Registered
399 Posts
As I have explained in previous posts, you will be able to find some Dealers that will sell GMS but I doubt if you will find any that will sell Supplier Discount!
The reason is that even though GMS is cheaper for the buyer,it makes the Dealer more than if he sells it for Supplier!
I know this for a fact. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!:eek:

·
Registered
287 Posts
GMS

Since this last change Ford employees get a better discount than us and can buy any thing at all even brand new models where sometimes GM will lock us out from buying for a time on something new till the market get filled. Ford employees can even get the discount on other products Ford owns like Jaguars and Mazda.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
LOL.............................I was not implying that dealers should sell LIMITED PRODUCTION vehicles at a discount. I was talking about in general.

The old business axiom of "supply and demand" is always applicable, particularly in the auto industry!

·
Registered
287 Posts
GMS

I understand. On my ZO6 I bought it in Grand Banc Mich. I looked for a long time for a dealer to sell it at GMS but found one --- 800 mi away. I flew up and drove it back. Now on the GTO no body around local would sell to me GMS but a friend of mine at GM has a best friend that has a dealership 90 mi away that is selling me the GTO for GMS. If you look long enough and hard enough there is someone out there that will sell GMS to an employee or at a discount to someone else. Dont give up.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Thanks HD. :)

I do not mind paying the MSRP if I have to, particularly for limited production vehicles. What I do mind is getting raped like what the Chevy dealers are doing to buyers for the SSR. The enthusiast is not going to be able to afford paying $50,000.00 AND ABOVE for that vehicle and it is going to collectors, NOT the enthusiast.

·
Registered
287 Posts
GTO

The plant I work at is in Kansas City Ks -- we build the New Chevy Malibu --- Cooper transport lot is connected to our plant about 50 yds away and I was talking to the forman there and he said that our lot is going to be the central distribution for the GTO. He said that several thousand will be coming through there. I will start going next door daily and checking. there is a rail head and transport truck lot both there ---- every thing goes through there right now except Corvetts

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Re: GTO

HD926 said:
The plant I work at is in Kansas City Ks -- we build the New Chevy Malibu --- Cooper transport lot is connected to our plant about 50 yds away and I was talking to the forman there and he said that our lot is going to be the central distribution for the GTO. He said that several thousand will be coming through there. I will start going next door daily and checking. there is a rail head and transport truck lot both there ---- every thing goes through there right now except Corvetts
Thanks HD926. I will be eagerly awaiting any spy info!:wall:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts