LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I work for General Motors in Kansas, City Ks. at the assembly plant. We build the new Chevy Malibu but for the last 16 years we have built the Grand Prix and more recently the Olds Intrigue. Today I saw comformation on GMS to GM employes on the GTO. If the price turns out to be $33,000 plus an employee should be able to get it for about $29,000 SWEET. Also hooked to our plant is Cooper Transport which has a rail head and transport trucks --- I talked to the head man last week and he said that this lot is going to be the central distribution center for the GTO's and eventually there will be 1500 at one time in the lot ---but not sure when --- if so I will be able to see all color combo's if any thing happens I will forward any info -- oh yes I do have a dealer in Missouri 80 mi from my house that is selling me one at GMS. The Cooper lot here already is a distribution center for all GM products except Corvette's they are shipped right from the plant also our Plant Manager han been driving a Yellow SSR for the last 3 Weeks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to have some really good inside sources in the plant and in Detroit but on this GTO information it has been hard to come by. In years past I have had Trans Ams that I have ordered and have been moved ahead of 10,000 orders. I ordered a 1994 Trans Am GT --- placed the order -- the car was built --- shipped --- from Canada and sitting at the dealer in 3 weeks. But this GTO has baffled my sources because of it coming from AUS.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would assume they are also going to use the down payment match then also? If so, we could get a pretty darn good price on these things. I can only hope, but I will take it at msrp if necessary. Lower price just means more aftermarket goodies.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Hey the GMS match is going on until the end of this month(October) according to my management at the dealership. Hopefully it will come back. The down payment matching was a reason for GMS customers to buy existing 2003 vehicles.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I hope I can get mine too, but I'm not betting on it. :)

I bet a lot will depend on what programs are running when you take delivery. Since I'll get mine early '04, not a lot of incentives are running then. :(

·
Registered
835 Posts
currently (through january '04) GM is matching down payments $0.50 on the dollar for one employee purchase through that time. The only vehicle I can find that isn't included at this time is the Hummer, but that may change because they may not be including the GTO because it isn't out yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
cjlannoy
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing