LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to the dyno today. Im pleased......412/395 on a dynojet. Not too shabby for a small cam by todays standards.

·
Oh it's Friday night
5,658 Posts
Great numbers !!! Congrats. The cam I am installing is very similar. Hope I can end up with similar numbers. As you have shown, good results (and real world drivability) can be achieved by chosing mods which compliment each other and the specifics of the particular engine regardless of how impressive the individual stats of the components look on paper. Great Job !

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
I've got a comp grind 224/224 .567" .567" @ 113 LSA. Other mods are Magnaflow mufflers, 2.5 x-pipe, stock catback, Kooks 1 3/4" LT's, and a custom dyno tune by Cartek in NJ. It dynoed at 376hp @ 363tq. I have an LPE on order and seriously considering an SLP UD pulley. It's got a nice, nice lope and it can be used daily even though I don't. However, it does get kind of smelly (GAS). Anyway, how does the pulley work. Do you get any significant loss in voltage? I'm worried about that if i get one.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Nice numbers, but its a medium cam, hell its bigger then mine!

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks all.
I went smaller on the lift as I wanted to be easy on the valvetrain and avoid the added cost of duals. And I also wanted to show that you dont need a big cam to produce decent #'s. I spent a lot of time reserching before I chose. As for drivability........I guess its all relative to what you would consider a DD. Mine is not a DD, but it could be.
Ok, Ill accept its a medium cam. But considering a lot of folks are now running cams well into the 240 range and lifts of .600+.........makes mine kinda small by comparison.
Man, I am sooo tapped! It'll take all winter to recover (pay off the credit card :bomb: ). So, I doubt I'll make it to the track. I mean I could, but the results would be lousy on street tires.
Hey SJFGTO, I sent you a PM today ref this. Hope you got it.

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Smoke said:
I've got a comp grind 224/224 .567" .567" @ 113 LSA. Other mods are Magnaflow mufflers, 2.5 x-pipe, stock catback, Kooks 1 3/4" LT's, and a custom dyno tune by Cartek in NJ. It dynoed at 376hp @ 363tq. I have an LPE on order and seriously considering an SLP UD pulley. It's got a nice, nice lope and it can be used daily even though I don't. However, it does get kind of smelly (GAS). Anyway, how does the pulley work. Do you get any significant loss in voltage? I'm worried about that if i get one.
Absolutely no issues with voltage drop or A/C

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AlphaEden said:
what were numbers before the cam?
Never got a baseline.