LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VANDALIZED
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A freind of mine owns a 04 m6 goat and is having some problems! He doesnt have a computer so I told him I get on here and try to help him out.
Last month at the track while spraying n20 he torched his stock clutch. He replaced the clutch with a centerforce all was going well and the clutch was working ok but this Friday after a run the clutch started acting up again. He says the clutch is burnt. I was thinking it may be a problem with the slave cylinder line I did a search and came up with a couple possible solutionsbut nothing concrete. I havnt had a problem out of my clutch yet so Im asking Y'all. One more thing he didnt replace his flywheel when he replaced the clutch. Ide welcome the help guys and he would to.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
mdmike said:
Plenty to choose from really depends on how much you want to spend and how much power you are putting to the ground. Do a search Clutches on this forum there is a lot of feed back out there. I went with the RPS dual friction 2900 works great for me.
I don't think he's looking to buy a new one just yet it sounds like he's trying to get some troubleshooting advise. He can correct me if I'm wrong:burnout: BTW nice clutch.

·
VANDALIZED
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I think hes boiling the fluid and loosing pressure on the diaphram I did a search but didnt come up with a good definative answer, I was hoping someone in here had a solution or a idea.

·
It was a...
2,322 Posts
Mucked up clutch fluid could be the case...I had an experience over the weekend where I thought I trashed mine, but now it seems fine after I changed the fluid (see post 20 in the linked thread).

If nothing else changing the fluid isn't difficult so it's a good first try.

Also, replacing the clutch without at least resurfacing the flywheel might have been a mistake. Major PITA to take it back apart unfortunately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts