LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I saw a post about a similar issue a few months back but after searching for nearly an hour I can't find it, so here goes...

I noticed that my GTO looked odd this morning. The left rear wheel seemed to have less clearance than the right rear wheel. I played it off and convinced myself it didn't, but it still looked like that to me when I got in to go home, so when I got home, I pulled out a measuring tape and found that...

The right rear of the car (specifically, the highest point of the wheel well) is 1/2 inch higher than the left rear of the car. The left, from ground to wheel well lip, is 22 5/8", while the right is 23 1/8". Both sides of the front are the same height off the ground (didn't bother writing this down). Tire pressures are all the same (27psi, didn't know they were this low and I will be pumping them up after I eat dinner but I don't think that has anything to do with it).

Can anyone think of why this might be? Has anyone noticed something similar? I called my dealer since I am going for an oil change on Friday and they said they will check it out but I want to see if I can find any information about this ahead of time.

Oh, and I should mention, I don't know if it has always been this way or what. I never really paid attention to this before. The car doesn't exhibit any weird behavior or anything that I have noticed either.

Thanks!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Years ago, my dad had that problem on a Pontiac 6000. It turned out that one of the springs was the incorrect part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts