LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my GTO since March and have never seen another 04 GTO in my area untill this week.
Well he noticed me first and beeped the horn, he was going the other way.

Lastnight I was doing some cruising around, and who should I see....that same GTO that beeped at me. We met up at a local dognut shop and B.S. for a while talking about our cars and such. He loved my after market hood from "MPD" and the K&N filter and air box. Well one thing led to another and off we went to this well known road where the "gear heads" race.

His A4 and my M6, ready for battle. Three beeps on the horn and off we went.
Rubber burning, engines whining, I chirped 2nd, we were nose to nose. Then I banged 3rd and off I went, he slowly started to fall back. When we got to the slow down and stop area he was just by my back wheels. We both got out and shook hands, and he said " I guess you got your moneys worth out of having Ram Air" I chuckled and said ......"yup" (with a little smirk and my face) Then we got into our cars and went our own way. Wow... with just a little mod like Ram Air, it sure DOES add something. And something is better than nothing, I guess.

ROK

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Nice kill, I think that qualifies as canibalism though. As long as it was in good spirit I wouldn't mind taking down one of my own either. ;)

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
gtodoug said:
...I think that qualifies as canibalism though...
I got a chuckle out of this. :)

Goat vs. Goat should always be in good spirits. Let's hope so, anyway. Now, as far as your edge against the A4, don't you think having an M6 made a bit of difference, too? Sounds like you finished just ahead of him, probably by the advertised A4 vs. M6 margin.

Nice race, though. I've only run against another Goat at the dragstrip, never on the street. Shhhh, don't tell anyone I said this, but street racing is more exciting. :secret:

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FLORIT said:
I got a chuckle out of this. :)

<snip>

Goat vs. Goat should always be in good spirits. Let's hope so, anyway. Sounds like you finished just ahead of him, probably by the advertised A4 vs. M6 margin.

BOOM!!!!!....that was my balloon popping:-((

ROK

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
No popping balloons bro. Even a M6 vs an A4 would be very, very close given the difference between drivers and trannies. Especially from a dead stop. From a roll it's easier to see who has more power. I'm sure the airbox made a difference. (disclaimer: My opinions my be biased because my airbox from MPD is in transit)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts