LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a friend were pulling out of the gym tonight and I notice a badass looking car in front. Upon examination I see his license plate says 450HP. I procede to pull out behind him and follow him ridin pretty close, and I see that he has borla exhaust and that its an SRT-8. Im thinking ok this thing is prolly fast but its still a 4 door sedan. Right about the time I think this he just lights the tires up in the road doin about 30-40 mph. My friend and I look at eachother and I say "oh yeah its on" haha. I stay right with him goin around some turns, then is when it gets fun. We get onto a 4 lane road and we both just open it up, he got on it first and had a 3 car lead at least... I go thru second real quick, then go to hit 3rd and I miss the gear :confused: :bomb: ..... I finally get it, (damn short shift) By 4th gear I pass him, pretty rapidly now. Then we both have to shut it down. Ended up winning by 2 car lengths I would guess. I will tell u tho, u talk about sleeper... this thing was insane fast for what it was. At teh next stoplight I said "dude that things insane" and he said it had the 6.1 hemi. We circled around and when back to the gym and he was parked and inside. Upon closer examination he had some kind of CAI, dont remember the name, full borla exhaust, and what else I dunno. No doubt the goat was faster, as everytime I actually got into the gears I would pull closer.... but still I give him props for a damn fast car! BTW he was an older man which I thought was cool.

Has anyone else ever raced one of these? I really hope I see this guy again, I woul like a race where I actually hit the gears. And this was also my first race, I was proud of the Goat!

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
If you missed a gear, and still managed to catch up to him... it wasnt an actual srt-8. Stock for stock, its a drivers race and your mods wouldnt make you destroy him like that.

Not tryin to hate, but missing a gear and still winning by 2 car lengths isnt feasible.... unless im misreading somewhere.

·
High Tech Redneck
328 Posts
Yeah, I agree, something is amiss there. If you were 3 back "at least" to start, missed 3rd and then won by 2. I really dont see how thats possible unless after you missed 3rd he let off. I figure you are some quicker than him due to your mods, but not 5+ cars and a miss shift quicker.

Gonna have to raise the old... :bs: on this one.

Race on though...:patriot:

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah well mayb he shut down early? Im not sure, it was 4 lanes and there were speratic cars in between so if he let up I may not have known. But I do know each gear I got into I would pull up on him... like I said tho that thing was smokin fast.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree, it had to have been a regular 300 with fake badges on it or something. Did you see the engine? Curious if it was a regular 300 or a C.

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can promise you it was a real srt-8, it had the slotted brakes, 20` wheels. It was a VERY sharp car, I just need to get better at shifting.. this is the first manual I have owned and this was my first race, not to mention I just got the car last sat. Anway guys thnx for the posts, if what u say is true he must have shut it down... oh well Mayb a better race next time?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
what cam do you have?

No way the SRT-8 had 3 cars on you, then you miss a gear, and still put 2 cars back on him by 4th or through 4th gear. You may be faster with LT's and tune but he also has some mods...Not doubting your story but my guess is he lifted after getting a jump on you and you flew by a car that was coasting. JMHO. The cars are very very close.

Race him again from a dig and report back. I have a feeling you will be even more impressed.

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah now after hearing what yall say, and reading up on the chrysler web site. Im sure he let off, I will most def try and set up another race with him. When we were actually close to eachother the cars were about dead even, mine being a bit faster... I really wish we could have raced from a dead heat with no cars in front

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
ArkansasGoat said:
Yeah now after hearing what yall say, and reading up on the chrysler web site. Im sure he let off, I will most def try and set up another race with him. When we were actually close to eachother the cars were about dead even, mine being a bit faster... I really wish we could have raced from a dead heat with no cars in front
If you set something up, be sure to get a vid of it :)

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most def guys, I will be sure to get a vid... I will try and get one set up for fri night, should be a good race!

Have yall ever raced one before?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I raced my buddy before he transfered I had my GTO and he had the 5.7 charger it was a close race but I beat him his nose was at my side mirrors. I had a better launch then him.

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just rememberd to add.. I def was NOT MMOB, I was lettin him know I wanted to go and he was fair game. Btw that thing sounded sick

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
jumbojet said:
what cam do you have?

No way the SRT-8 had 3 cars on you, then you miss a gear, and still put 2 cars back on him by 4th or through 4th gear. You may be faster with LT's and tune but he also has some mods...Not doubting your story but my guess is he lifted after getting a jump on you and you flew by a car that was coasting. JMHO. The cars are very very close.

Race him again from a dig and report back. I have a feeling you will be even more impressed.

I think its possible, I bet arkansasgoat is putting around 370-380 rwhp down. SRT8 comes with 425 hp stock, but with CAI and exhaust its prolly around 450 bhp, and no tune since the tuners cant crack the mopar ECU's. With an auto I would say the SRT8 is making about 380-390 rwhp, but that thing weighs about what 4400 lbs.... which would be around 600 pounds more than the GTO... Just my thoughts good run :gears:

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
lift4life82 said:
Curious if it was a regular 300 or a C.
I think you mean SRT8, they're all 300Cs. :)

ArkansasGoat said:
I can promise you it was a real srt-8, it had the slotted brakes
They have huge brakes, but they don't have slotted rotors.

ArkansasGoat said:
I just need to get better at shifting..
Perhaps, but get yourself a GMM, and call it good. You'll be able to shift faster than you can depress the clutch pedal, and more accurately, too! :gears:

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
gunnersmatejmac said:
I raced my buddy before he transfered I had my GTO and he had the 5.7 charger it was a close race but I beat him his nose was at my side mirrors. I had a better launch then him.

You should of murdered a regular R/T Charger. I ran one when I was stock and blew him away, especially in 3rd & 4th, he couldn't even hang. I'm thinking you had a bad launch.

As far as an SRT8 goes, I also agree with Jumbojet on this one. Those things are quick.

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is the GMM? It has a B&M short shift on it but its really hard to find gears

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, which would I want? Race or street version? The (you wont miss third gear ever again) comment on there made me laugh, cause I ALWAYS miss 3rd haha

·
Acta Non Verba
1,023 Posts
gunnersmatejmac said:
I have an A4 04 and I beat up on my buddy's charger R/T (the 5.7 right?) over, and over, and over again from digs rolls whatever.

I didn't slaughter, but I was never worried. The more I raced him tho the more I liked his car, debadge it and it's even more of a sleeper than ours (for sure) It has regular dual exhaust that you can't even see unless you look close. It had that maroon color and tints w/ the 18" wheels. Nice car, much more of a cruiser/luxury car than ours.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts