LS1GTO.com Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Abracadabra Holmes
5,627 Posts
Sounds like you're judging us...
Sounds to me that he is stating Vegas is a good time and it's a weekend party, pretty sure he didn't mean it literally about being on the roof.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
You could always just fly out and party with us, it is Vegas. CGMike and a few others never left the parking lot the entire time drinking beer.
Hey I went down stairs and got food on occasion!

Sounds like you're judging us...
I think he is! We were just hangin at the LOT!
Sounds to me that he is stating Vegas is a good time and it's a weekend party, pretty sure he didn't mean it literally about being on the roof.
Oh he meant it literally. Id rather sit around, bs about cars, and drink beer then go out and party. We literally hung out in the roof parkinglot where all the GTOs were parked all weekend, if we weren't doing the other GTO activities. It was a great time! I cant wait until next year (Ill bring chairs this time)

·
Abracadabra Holmes
5,627 Posts
Hey I went down stairs and got food on occasion!

I think he is! We were just hangin at the LOT!

Oh he meant it literally. Id rather sit around, bs about cars, and drink beer then go out and party. We literally hung out in the roof parkinglot where all the GTOs were parked all weekend, if we weren't doing the other GTO activities. It was a great time! I cant wait until next year (Ill bring chairs this time)
I brought 2 chairs but never got them out of the trunk ! :( I will bring the fire pit and smores next time and we can all conjugate around the fire pit and drink beer and eat desert on the top deck !

Here is my favorite picture from the whole entire weekend !

·
36 35 15.5 121 45 9.9
3,723 Posts
Look I have been out for some time now but have to say this was my 4th GR and I put it 2nd only to my first GR (i miss the hanging at the track), turn out was over the top and like always love GTO community. Shout out to the Vegas guys and the others out side of Cali and Nevada. I also want to thank everybody that put this together.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Look I have been out for some time now but have to say this was my 4th GR and I put it 2nd only to my first GR (i miss the hanging at the track), turn out was over the top and like always love GTO community. Shout out to the Vegas guys and the others out side of Cali and Nevada. I also want to thank everybody that put this together.
I am looking into a few things for GR16 the track wants, get ready for this, $15k for 3 hours of track time. I am working with them for 2016 to see if we can get it lined up with an existing event to drive the cost down to something realistic.

·
Abracadabra Holmes
5,627 Posts
I am looking into a few things for GR16 the track wants, get ready for this, $15k for 3 hours of track time. I am working with them for 2016 to see if we can get it lined up with an existing event to drive the cost down to something realistic.
:crapfan::jawdrop:

·
You talk about vengeance...
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I was thinking Sep 30 - Oct 3 for the dates; temperature is pretty good and it's before Columbus Day. Does this sound good? I usually poke around the interwebz and find potentially conflicting events to ensure nothing big (like IHeartRadio) is going on.

A few years back, Colin and I tried working with Dreamracing. Sounded great at first, $200 to drive a 911 around the track, NASCAR drivers room...but lines got crossed (aka they didn't know what they were doing) and an extra $5k fee popped up.

Are there any of these autocross places around? The ones that provide the cars, even. There used to be one (can't recall the name) but I think its gone...Drift something..

·
You talk about vengeance...
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Also planning to buy goatrun2016.com, and see if I can set up an ordering system for next year. This year was tough!

·
AARP Qualified
7,190 Posts
Just got home after a detour to AZ and then back to CA. What a great time, huh? From the FB activity I was able to see while traveling, feedback equals what many talked about at the event; Huge turnout, excellent representation from multiple Regions, and a Hoot of a Great Time!
One thing I've come to learn over 7 GR events I've attended, they are all different. Being an old fart, my big party days are behind me, (right) I've done the Parking Roof Top Socializing, LVMS, Night Photos at LVMS, Strip, Hofbrau Haus, Poker, Roller coasters, Ri Ra, Hooking, Giggaloing, Elvis, Circus Sole, Beer Pong, Hooters, Palms, Mandalay Bay, Tripping down stairs, Passing out Cards to tourists, Bottle flipping at Margaritaville, M&M store, Interviews on TV, basically real boring stuff.
Thomas, I too miss the track but $$$, Damn!
Hope there's a way to make something there work
Looking forward to GR16, it'll be EPIC!!!

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Just got home after a detour to AZ and then back to CA. What a great time, huh? From the FB activity I was able to see while traveling, feedback equals what many talked about at the event; Huge turnout, excellent representation from multiple Regions, and a Hoot of a Great Time!
One thing I've come to learn over 7 GR events I've attended, they are all different. Being an old fart, my big party days are behind me, (right) I've done the Parking Roof Top Socializing, LVMS, Night Photos at LVMS, Strip, Hofbrau Haus, Poker, Roller coasters, Ri Ra, Hooking, Giggaloing, Elvis, Circus Sole, Beer Pong, Hooters, Palms, Mandalay Bay, Tripping down stairs, Passing out Cards to tourists, Bottle flipping at Margaritaville, M&M store, Interviews on TV, basically real boring stuff.
Thomas, I too miss the track but $$$, Damn!
Hope there's a way to make something there work
Looking forward to GR16, it'll be EPIC!!!
Glad you made it back Safe. I do have most of these events on film or pictures. :D

81 - 96 of 96 Posts