LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've searched San Diego

I have searched San Diego county down to the Mexican border, and from the desert to the ocean and I can find no sign of Danny or his GTO. I will continue to search until I either find him or I get my car.

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
There's a danny777 that just posted something on newagegto.com.
Think it is the same guy?
No mention of a new GTO was made in the post.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
I saw Danny logged on this afternoon but he chose not to respond. He must be embarrassed that he jumped the gun. Don't feel bad Danny.......we're all geeked about getting our GTOs.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Maybe he changed his mind and got his money back. Most people have only put down a fully refundable $500 deposit so I wouldn't be surprised if some people cancel their order when the time comes and you actually have to sign on the dotted line. I know I have that little voice of reason talking to me every once in a while. Plus you may be able to get a better deal later next year, you never know. I'm geeked but I do still like my current sled and it is paid for!

Okay, those were just delusional thoughts:slap: I'll be buying my GTO when it arrives.:D

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you look at Danny's profile, he is only 20 yrs. old. Who knows maybe he couldn't come up with the cash? Or maybe he found out the insurance was too much?
Whatever, it would be nice if he would just clue us in!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Since we are all guessing on Danny's status, I am sure he was aware of the car and insurance prices and was prepared for them. I would bet he saw the 5000 status code and got a little over excited. I can say for sure the GTO's still are not at San Diego dealers as of this morning. In fact I drove by the train depot and they are still not in the lot where GM offloads cars as best as I can tell. I am sure Danny will be back in a few days when we both have our cars and are showing them off in the San Diego sun.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You know, after reading his post he doesn't say that his Dealer called and said it was there. Maybe when he seen his 5000 code and that means it was shipped to the Dealer, he just assumed it was there. I could see that happening!

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
What is interesting about the whole thing is that Pontiac has never said when they would go on sale.
It is very strange.

You guys might recall all the buzz about the Cadillac CTS in 2001.
It was a 2003 model which meant that it couldn't come out until January 2002.
We knew for 6 months that the car would go on sale January 2nd as a 2003 model.

And you better believe there was 1 CTS on the lot of every major market dealer.
Cadillac wanted those cars to be available to customers to test drive, so you couldn't necessarily drive off the lot on January 2nd.

So why hasn't Pontiac said some thing like, "at your dealer December 18 !!"

It seems that they are very disorganized or the prep is taking longer than they thought.
Or maybe they want to have 2000 cars on the ground at the dealers, or on there way by a certain date.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
399 Posts
b4z,
I think you our on the right track,but why don't they just tell us so we know what to expect?
I bet anything that Pontiac handled getting Bush to Iraq and thats why nobody found out:slap:
If this scenairo doesn't cause me to :drink: then nothing will!

·
Registered
189 Posts
They may want cars on the lot at all of those dealers but cars that are sold, as our pre-ordered cars are, should not be available for test drives or any other use other than us driving them off the lot. I know my dealer is planning on getting mine straight to me and not letting half the state test drive it and beat on it. Any admirable dealer should get you in your car the moment it arrives at his showroom.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts