LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Somethings always broken
1,544 Posts
Okay I put the last video up when Jeremy and the G8 went by in the original post. Wow...the g8 needs some sound massaging. We can fix that for you...
I don't think you would be able to hear anyone except maybe John over the sound of Jeremy's car.

I like all these video's. You always wonder what your car sounds and looks like from the outside when your going down the highway. I really like Elmn8r's second video, but thats probably because my cars in it a lot :shiner:

·
Capitol City GTO's
1,410 Posts
Nice videos, these cars look and sound great, thanks again. For those attending the Luray Caverns meet, I will bring my video camera and tripod so we can try this again.

I plan to quiet my car down just a little, switched out the flowmasters for schoenfeld race mufflers, love the sound at idle and lite throttle, but a little loud on WOT.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I don't think you would be able to hear anyone except maybe John over the sound of Jeremy's car.

I like all these video's. You always wonder what your car sounds and looks like from the outside when your going down the highway. I really like Elmn8r's second video, but thats probably because my cars in it a lot :shiner:
James I would be happy to drive by you in your car hauling ass, maybe even drifting if you want.:gears:

Jason

·
Capitol City G8
422 Posts
Okay I put the last video up when Jeremy and the G8 went by in the original post. Wow...the g8 needs some sound massaging. We can fix that for you...
Thanks for the video. You are right about the need for some sound!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm not hating..its faster than my car...:bomb:
sad but true for now, brother has been down for 7 months with blown motor. his new one is going to cost him about 13,000 shipped.

Jason

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
he has 01 mustang gt with 9 psi 2.1 litre kenne belle. sold the supercharger and now going a built motor then nitrous shot.

he is going 5.0 stroker with 10.8 compression from livernois, rest of the car is done except striping out the rest of the interior and puting cage in. Making track car.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,091 Posts
Carlisle is a shadow of what it once was, both with the GTO crowd and the show as a whole.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Carlisle is a shadow of what it once was, both with the GTO crowd and the show as a whole.
Agreed....I can't believe they ditched all other models GM produced to just celebrate one division....one model of car. Granted it is a very distinguished model. But christ.....don't shun out the other manufacturers models of GM. There are other distinguishing cars out there made by GM.

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
The GM gig has never been as big a draw as the other 2 .... but since Camaro Nats rolled out, overall attendance/participation has diminished significantly.

Agreed....I can't believe they ditched all other models GM produced to just celebrate one division....one model of car. Granted it is a very distinguished model. But christ.....don't shun out the other manufacturers models of GM. There are other distinguishing cars out there made by GM.
^Thats a paragraph of miss-information.

GM Nationals has been in a death spiral since the Camaro Nats moved to the Frederick Fairgrounds. GM hasn't been a sponsor of the event for several years and had a huge influence in the name change to Chevy Nats in exchange for their return to being a sponsor to the GM event. Despite that, the event hasn't ignored any current or former GM badge as the show field classes are unchanged.

Here are the videos taken during the way up to the show. My dad would like to apologize for the moth that decided to take residence on the windshield just as video taping was about to start. He also would like to apologize for the wind noise in the videos, but at 90MPH in an Element with an MP3 recorder taking video, it's kind of hard to avoid.

Please feel free to edit and add in your own car noises if you like! :)

Also, here's the burnout from the Camaro:

Sucks, Jason took his videos above off you tube.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,009 Posts
Having never been to a "GM" Nationals, I went to Chevrolet Nationals this year and there was a nice selection of GM cars there. Lots of Pontiacs and Holden-Zeta cars.

I did leave the GTO at home and took the SS...

This GXP was my favorite:

Attachments

41 - 56 of 56 Posts