LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its finally coming down to it. Wed I leave for Kuwait, and weeks after that Iraq. I havent posted much in the past few weeks due to trainning. However I have been checking up whenever possible seeing as this is one of the sites that the army hasnt blocked... (the score live broadcast being one of them) I should be home in june or july for leave and then i will finally pull the trigger on a Goat. I still havent decided on the color but im either going for the midnight blue, phantom black, spice red, and maybe a yellow jacket if i can find one, the darker grey and quick silver are also on the list which will probably be the darker grey. Ill be looking foward to see you guys next summer and probably have many questions for you all, espically carbon dave, i love what you have done with your ride, but the procharger will probably be second or third behind the suspension, i believe im going with track 2 and the banshee hood. Well, wednsday starts 365 and a wake up. wish me luck.

Lombard Joe
:patriot:

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
:patriot:

Thank you for helping to serve and protect that which so many of us take for granted. Looking forward to having you back on native soil before too long! God Bless... :)

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
good luck Joe..

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Joe make sure you come back in one piece... You will be in everyones thought here.

·
Probably older than you ...
452 Posts
We'll be waiting for you when you get back. Give a shout just before you return and we'll help you track down the car of your dreams.

Be safe.

·
1,086 Posts
Thank you for your service. :patriot: I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Come back to us safe and sound.

·
'SEMPER FI' CGM Member
214 Posts
Good luck over there man may god be w/ you and for sure will see you next year thats what i did when i got back from OIF 2.2 i got my GOAT best treat ever take care man and keep ur head down.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Watch out for those IEDs and stay safe.

·
Barbados Blue M6
259 Posts
Take care of yourself over there. Thanks for what you do. And yes, let us know when/before you get back to keep on the lookout for your ride.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE!!

thigs are going alright, ive been in the oil filled country of kuwait for about a week now. ive had the privlage of catching a few games of football and baseball every once and a while. things are going great so far. i cant wait to get up north to finally get to do someting other then sit around. and the benifit of going north is a two person trailer. its a hell of a lot better then 80 men tents. well im looking foward to my next update. of course i have to be careful with what i say, and those of you oif/oef vets... opsec is a mofo. so GO BEARS, and talk to you all later.
Joe

props to my infentry buddies out of Ft. Benning GA!!

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
Thanks for your service to our country! I served 10 years in the Army as a Cobra helicopter mechanic. My brother is a SFC in an armor unit right now and will be right behind you for his 2nd tour in Iraq.

Good luck, and stay alert over there.

Gerry

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Update:
Ill be going home in Januaray for two weeks on leave for R&R. Ive been emailing a gentelman from the Streator/Ottawa area who works for a dealership who has lots in both cities. In late November of 2005 I visited him and wanted to see one of the new 06's. He stated that they didnt have any in either of the lots, but that he had his and would have it with him at work the next day, and that if i wanted that I should swing by and give his 04 Barbados bule M6 a go at it and we would discuss things later. longer post trying to make it short, he told me to keep in touch with him and he dropped me a line last night. Email follows, and Maybe I should be able to pull one out of the wood works in januaray.
Joe

Dear Joe
Thank you so much for writing . I am glad you are all right.

I certainly can locate a Goat for you. Just e-mail me with colors you DO NOT want and what equipment you require - I am assuming a 6 speed and the 400 hp.

If you are serious we can locate a program car - BUT these are not moving well and we would not like to buy one unless it is to be sold. I have a Red 04 but it is an auto.

The prices you are talking about are not out of order. Why don't you give me a definitive time line as to when you will be back this way and then I can do a credit Ap over the wire and see what kind of rate we will need if you are planning on financing.

New 06 are 33 G's and I have some in stock.

Anyway it sounds like you are going to be in it but you seem to have a great attitude.

I support the troops and the military as you know and I will continue to say prayers for you and the folks to get home safely.

Anyway - enough of my stuff - please keep sending me stuff and let me know of the stuff you can - it is very interesting to hear from you. I Will check the program Goats and let you no prices.

Good luck be safe and may God bless all of you.

Steve

[email protected] wrote:
Dear Steve,
I'm sorry I havent written you in such a long time.. I have been very busy in the preperation for deployment and the trainning up to our departure to Iraq. Well its been a few weeks since I have arrived here at__________, and I was wondering if you were still working at the dealership in Streator. Im still Looking for a GTO and have been hearing about a lot of stories of buyers getting GTO's for about 23-25 Grand. Theses cars that some of the board members got at those prices were 05's that were manuals. I have seen quite a few 04's for around 19 Grand, however i have grown quite attached to the rear facisa of the 05 and up. Espically the tail lights of the 06. However, I will be coming home on leave in Januaray, and like I have said before in the past I would like To work with you as a car salesmen to obtain my dream car. I hope all is well and you will write back. I am some what limited to what i can speak about as to what im doing here, but any questions you have please feel free to ask.
Sincerely,
Joe Torres

·
06 m6
164 Posts
ByteSize

My Gallery

2006 GTO -- 92 Miles -- Price Lowered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone.

Thanks to those who contacted me about my GTO. I know my location (North Dakota) has made it difficult to consider buying my car. Therefore, I have decided to lower my price to $25,500. Details remain the same. Black/black, 6-speed transmission, 18 inch wheels, mint original condition. No dings or damage of any kind. Still has only 92 miles. If interested please contact me at

[email protected]

if your up for a ride this is a steel. edit plus around here you can get a new one for 31000 otd. 30500 w/ mil dicount. don't jump on one to fast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts