LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
got rice?
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was comin out of the toll booth on the Garden State Parkway and as I'm slowly reving out 1st I hear a coffee can winding out by my passenger door. I didn't know what it was yet because he was in my blind spot. As I shifted into 2nd natural instinct had me floor it and chirped it into 3rd as I dipped between two cars (not cutting anyone off). As I reached the top of 3rd, the winding sound slowly faded away. I got out of it to see in my mirror what was trying to get a piece of me. I still couldn't tell because there were so many cars. As I drive about 1/2 mile down the parkway in 5th I hear the same ear piercing sound coming on my right. This time I was able to see the VW Golf. I don't know what year it was but it looked new and really nice. He kept on going in and out of the gas to see if I'd do anything. We both looked over at each other and I let him hit it first. As soon as he hit it, I went from 5th to 3rd at about 60 mph and hammered it. I immediately started walkin him. I got in and out of the gas three times before I went into 4th. There was about 15+ cars between us by the time I hit 100 mph. I don't know if he layed off or stayed in the gas by that point. A few miles later he pulled up next to me and we gave each other the thummbs up. It's good to know that there are people out there who'll give you props after they lost and not the executive neck. I know it's not much to brag about but it sure was fun. I almost forgot to mention that the Goat has a Borla cat-back and a cold air kit.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
2004Goat said:
I was comin out of the toll booth on the Garden State Parkway and as I'm slowly reving out 1st I hear a coffee can winding out by my passenger door. I didn't know what it was yet because he was in my blind spot. As I shifted into 2nd natural instinct had me floor it and chirped it into 3rd as I dipped between two cars. As I reached the top of 3rd I got out of it to see in my mirror what was trying to get a piece of me. I still couldn't tell because there were so many cars. As I drive about 1/2 mile down the parkway in 5th I hear the same ear piercing sound coming on my right. This time I was able to see the VW Golf. I don't know what year it was but it looked new and really nice. He kept on going in and out of the gas to see if I'd do anything. We both looked over at each other and I let him hit it first. As soon as he hit it, I went from 5th to 3rd at about 60 mph and hammered it. I immediately started walkin him. I got in and out of the gas three times before I went into 4th. There was about 15+ cars between us by the time I hit 100 mph. I don't know if he layed off or stayed in the gas by that point. A few miles later he pulled up next to me and we gave each other the thummbs up. It's good to know that there are people out there who'll give you props after they lost and not the executive neck. I know it's not much to brag about but it sure was fun.
should have called this thread "golf in the sand trap" ;)

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Good kill. I would like to try the new R32 Golf GTI. They say it's pretty quick!

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I agree with your opinion on the "executive neck," although I didn't know they had a term for it. :) I am more than willing to give props to the better car and I always hope to meet "car people" on the road.

It's possible that the VW Golf driver knew he didn't have much of a chance. He just wanted to see the Goat go. I admire his courage for trying. Nicely done.

Remember, everyone, each of us is a rolling advertisement for the modern GTO. Let's make ourselves PROUD by driving responsibly. (That doesn't mean SLOW, that means SAFE.) Woohoo, I've got the urge! Gotta go rev my engine! LOL.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
:(:(:( I want my Goat back... :(:(:(
Eaaaassy pardner......one more day is all.....one more day.....
:drink::drink:

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
WWWAAAAAAAHHH!!!

But...

...but...

...but...

What if it's not ready?

BTW, I'm planning a 4-day weekend next week to take the Goat to the mountains (and I'll take my wife, son & dog along, and visit with my parents and stuff, too - while I'm there. ;) ) Looking forward to getting my GTO up in the shadow of Grandfather Mountain on some twisty little roller-coaster roads...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts