LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well finally a half decent day. Humidity in the 60's. Temps in the upper 70's. Dew point in the 60's as well. A 5-10mph easterly wind. Hopefully that dies down.

I removed some equipment out of the trunk.

Spare-26lbs
Jack acc tray-7.8lbs
Gas tank carpet & Spare tire carpet-7.8lbs
Tire chocks & screws-4.2lbs
Gas tank cover-23.2lbs

Total weight savings 69lbs

I'll be leaving in about 3 hrs. I'm going to try a light mix of 93 octane and 100 octane. I'll be running on street tires as well. I just want to get one last pass before the gears/longtubes/tb/retune. My goal for tonight is a high 12sec pass at 110-111mph. We'll see if all goes well. The best pass last time was a [email protected] w/ 381whp & 349wtq. I know have 411whp and 377wtq. 30whp more and 27wtq more peak hp. The gain is more like 20whp gain everywhere and 30 more peak whp. Tq on the other hand is 40wtq more throughout the powerband and 27wtq peak. I know traction will be a bear but wish me luck guys. I'll have video footage as always and post back results late tonight. (the old lady is coming and I promised her dinner afterwards, cheap labor for a camerawoman. :p )

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Go get 'em, Doug!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Good luck, can't wait to see the videos!

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Good luck Doug. Funny thing is I had lunch in Miramar today - Miramar Beach near Destin in the panhandle. Anyway, have fun and do us proud. My next round of mods should go in before the end of October, so give me something to shoot for. :)

Padre

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Good luck Doug. Funny thing is I had lunch in Miramar today - Miramar Beach near Destin in the panhandle. Anyway, have fun and do us proud. My next round of mods should go in before the end of October, so give me something to shoot for. :)

Padre
Padre your up in destin this weekend? hmmm......

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Doug,

Kick some GAS tonight! Drop the tire pressures down low in the rear and heat them up real good! I'll be checking in letter for times and video!!!

Doc

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't do the video tonight but I did manage to get one run in.

2.3 60'
1/8=8.7
mph=88.2
111.xxmph

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
gtodoug said:
Can't do the video tonight but I did manage to get one run in.

2.3 60'
1/8=8.7
mph=88.2
111.xxmph

Not too shabby! I bet traction was an issue for that kind of power! You get some drags in the rear and you will be in the 12s no problem.

Doc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts