LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
13,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of the new people I met at Nationals, and the people I already have met before....Hope everyone has a safe trip home and it was a pleasure to meet you all. Here are some special shout-outs I wanted to make:

-68, glad you won Honorable Mention. That ****in rules. I can't say that enough. :)

-Hammen. Awesome first place for your car. It has to be the cleanest car in North America...lol. I'm happy for you, brotha!!!

-Bob (No Kid), great job on first place in 05 modified. You worked damn hard and deserved it by a mile. :)

-DY, I can't say enough how awesome the presentation was. That alone was enough to make the trip worthwhile. Thanks for all of the effort, man. We all really appreciate it. :hail:

-Padre, it was very nice to finally meet you. For being a holy man, you sure have an evil car. :gr_jest: I'd hate to have to line up against it. ;) Also, thanks again for blessing us and our car for the trip home.

-Everyone else that won first, second, third, etc. great job!!!! Holeshot, Wes, Aimee, DY, Gotza, etc, etc (I can't name everyone. I was drinking to much during the awards, hehehe)

-I can't remember the guys screen name that owns the black '04 that won the '04 modified class (Lambo doors, air-ride, bad-ass stereo), but congratulations! You totally blew the crowd away with your car. Even the Hooters chics wanted to know when that car was coming back....lol! :)

-Thanks to John Sawruk (GM Pontiac Historian and former Chief Engineer) for taking the time to share all of the things you did with us. Oh BTW, I'm still not the biggest '74 fan, but I totally see your point and it has changed my perspective a bit. ;)

-Thanks to JusticePete for taking the time to take me for a spin is his car. It handles exactly like I want my car to. ;) You will hear from me soon.

-Thanks to Randy for taking me for a spin in the LS7 GTO. Nuff said there!! :D

There were so many kick-ass GTOs....there is no way that I can touch on them all. Gotza's car is beautiful, as is Topperge's and DY's, etc, etc. I got so many ideas of things I would like to try. I have to say that Holeshot's car is my favorite 04-06 GTO in existance. Don't ask me why...I can't explain it. It just does it for me....:patriot:

That's all I got. I'm tired, and I need my sleep for tomorrow's drive. I'll probably kick myself for missing something tomorrow, but I'm really sleepy....lol.

Bye, ya'll. You'll be missed.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,894 Posts
awesome!
be safe everyone

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,647 Posts
this is hollywood posting under napalm's name.

i definitely had a great time with everyone. thanks to those who let me drive their bad a$$ cars. and btw, we saved a little momento from the party nights that we will be bringing to the next nats in Columbus. night all and safe journeys back home.
mike

·
VIOLET FOREVER
8,773 Posts
I am up and packing for the trip home. As Joe said it was great was see all of you.
Not quite awake to start A long post ( it was a long week of drinking) But I will say this for now. I hope and pray each and everyone of you have a safe journey home back to you loved ones. With the exception of two.( Sorry) thats not right but most of you know who and why.

I will post from the homestead soon.

Joe Michelle Todd and Sandy You guys Make me So Home Sick. And Michelle you are the best sister ever. Give Nigel a pat on the head for me.

Dan

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,647 Posts
ALL

I really enjoyed meeting you guys, drinking with you guys, etc. There will be more pics and vids next week.

I pray that everyone gets home safe, and can make it to next years nats.

Unfortuantly not all of you were up long enough last night to sign the "cooler" But that will just entice you guys for next year. (For those in the know, we didn't steal anything and I mean that).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Definitley had fun. Napalm is the Man. Or should I say Green Fairy? Either way he was a cool guy. I was nice hanging around all you folks. Pictures soon so dont worry about that. As for video, Tonight or late night. Sorry.

·
Wifes Car is Faster than Mine
462 Posts
Very nice meeting the new people we met and seeing the friends we met last year. We had a blast. Made it home safe and sound. Hope everyone else has or will make it home safely. We will be uploading pics soon. Take care everyone, and stay in touch.

Keygan and Kim

·
Lovin my GEE TEE OOOOOO!!!
161 Posts
Playdough said:
Very nice meeting the new people we met and seeing the friends we met last year. We had a blast. Made it home safe and sound. Hope everyone else has or will make it home safely. We will be uploading pics soon. Take care everyone, and stay in touch.

Keygan and Kim

just made it home myself with no trouble, just wanted to say it was great meeting most of the GTO people and putting some faces together with some screen names..:)

@$%$^*U&^*&^%#@%#$#@@#^&*&(*&))(O)%*%$#%^@#%%@#$$&$%*^(^&*(%^%$#%^#[email protected]#$%@#$^%$&$%^*&(*(*^$#%^$^%^^&* censored @%#&$^%$*&*&^$#@%[email protected]%&%&*(&()&^*(&%$#%^@#^#^$^*

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
Well, I just made it home which means that Napalm should be making it home in about 30 mins. We ended up making the trip in 4 hrs flat. in doing so we passed 2 goats from our area and HRJ's group while they were touring the Casey Jones Museum. I had a blast and hope everyone else did too!
mike

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Ditto to everything HRJ said. Add that seeing the Morano in person was awsome. :D

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
LS2BlueGoat said:
Glad you all had a great time and congrats to all of you who won. We certainly missed a great time, but there is always next year... have a safe trip home everyone!

You better come next year!!! its june 24-29 TAKE THE TIME OFF NOW!!!!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,894 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
You better come next year!!! its june 24-29 TAKE THE TIME OFF NOW!!!!
is that official?

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
is that official?
No, their slide presentation showed 2 different end dates, but basically that week. The other one said June 25-30. If it ends on a Saturday, then that's the correct one.

Padre

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
...after 14 hours of driving I am finally home! For some reason when you tow an enclosed trailer going 85mph your fuel mileage is cut in half. I must have spent $180 in diesel just to get home.

Thank you everyone who came. Thank you to everyone who had a toohey's and enjoyed it even if you didn’t like it, thank you to everyone who complimented me on my presentation that I stumbled thru, thank you to everyone that voted for my ratty piece of junk ;) .... I know I can get it more clean than it was.... but really, thank you all very much for just making a great week for me. The week of the GTOAA Nationals is about the time I honestly smile the most - its such a great time and even though I do work during it technically it is such a rejuvenating vacation. Plus it is my "birthday" ;)

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
DevilYellow said:
...after 14 hours of driving I am finally home! For some reason when you tow an enclosed trailer going 85mph your fuel mileage is cut in half. I must have spent $180 in diesel just to get home.

Thank you everyone who came. Thank you to everyone who had a toohey's and enjoyed it even if you didn’t like it, thank you to everyone who complimented me on my presentation that I stumbled thru, thank you to everyone that voted for my ratty piece of junk ;) .... I know I can get it more clean than it was.... but really, thank you all very much for just making a great week for me. The week of the GTOAA Nationals is about the time I honestly smile the most - its such a great time and even though I do work during it technically it is such a rejuvenating vacation. Plus is my "birthday" ;)

I must say Jon, that was the first time I saw you joke around and let loose that much!

Thank you for putting together the new goat part for us!!!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts