LS1GTO.com Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
A Dallas Stars GTO
342 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Bob!!!! I am so sorry that I forgot to walk your chair back over! Between the raffle, and getting my car loaded up, and talking with John Sawruck I totally forgot I borroed it from you. You got it back right???
Absolutely no problem, Jon. I'm glad you were able to get some use out of it. I did get it back and it's safely tucked away in the trunk of the car.

·
Registered
13,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
No Kid said:
To HRJ: As you know, I attended the Nats alone without anyone else from my club or city to accompany me. I sincerely appreciate your willingness, and that of the other members of the extended HGH family, to allow me to be an occasional part of your group. You have an incredible car that is both misunderstood and unappreciated by many who have limited or no knowledge of or interest in our new Goats. I look forward to seeing you next year in Columbus and hopefully, a few times between now and then at events here in Texas.
Thanks, Bob. I'm glad you could roll with us for awhile, and I hope to also see you again in a month or two for one of the Texas area GTGs. Your preparation for the show was first-rate, and there is no doubt in my mind that the 1st place trophy went home with the best car in our class. :) We'll see you soon!

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
No Kid said:
To HRJ: As you know, I attended the Nats alone without anyone else from my club or city to accompany me. I sincerely appreciate your willingness, and that of the other members of the extended HGH family, to allow me to be an occasional part of your group. You have an incredible car that is both misunderstood and unappreciated by many who have limited or no knowledge of or interest in our new Goats. I look forward to seeing you next year in Columbus and hopefully, a few times between now and then at events here in Texas. To Bill, Todd, Sandy and Michelle - thanks, too, for your indulgence and friendship. To Keygan and Kim, it was great to see you again. And to the others I met whose names I can't begin to recall, best of luck throughout the year. Now I'm going to go find that thread with the recipe for the apple pie drink.
Your car looked great and I am very happy you won. There is no doubt in my mind you earned it. Hopefully we'll see you again long before next years nats.

·
A Dallas Stars GTO
342 Posts
HRJ said:
Thanks, Bob. I'm glad you could roll with us for awhile, and I hope to also see you again in a month or two for one of the Texas area GTGs. Your preparation for the show was first-rate, and there is no doubt in my mind that the 1st place trophy went home with the best car in our class. :) We'll see you soon!
Thanks, Joe. There were a lot of terrific new GTOs at this year's meet. As I said before I left, I'm sure the voting was extremely close. It would have been neither a surprise nor a disappointment if the voting had placed your Monaro on top. I'm totally sincere when I say it's an awesome car - in looks, in sound and in performance.

Regarding GTGs in Texas, I created posts today on both the Plano GTG and McKinney GTG threads to give a heads-up regarding the "HGH Run to Austin" and asking that they look at your thread and consider putting together a contingent from the DFW area to participate. I should be seeing several of these folks either tonight or Thursday night, so I'll follow-up with them and let you know if there's any interest in addition to my own. Assuming the final date is not a problem, I'll be there for sure. See ya!

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
I had a great time and I'm glad I can now put peoples faces with their screen names! To all the winners Congrats! I think all of us represented the New Age Goats very well in the car show and now the GTOAA realizes we are not going away. I hope everyone got back home OK and hope to see everyone again.

Bob I hope to see you at some of our HGH meets if you can make it!

Bill

·
Wifes Car is Faster than Mine
462 Posts
I would have to agree with what everyone has been saying. It's not about the cars, but about the friendships that everyone makes. We had so much fun this year. Between the Black Bush and the Bobbing for Beers, and definately can't forget the Apple Pie Drink!!! We can't wait till next year, and hopefully the 04-06 crowd will be bigger and better than this year. And again, just like everyone else, We aren't going away, so take it or leave it :). And a big congrats to everyone who won. All the cars that were there looked great, and anyone could have taken home a trophy.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Bob, you have a KICK ASS car!!! and don't be suprised if next year someone else might have a sign just like yours ;) ;) (it was really cool!)

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,649 Posts
This was the first real car show I ever attended. When I was in the Riviera owners assocaiation, I only made one meet. Meet some people had fun whent by myself.

This was the first time I got to do anything with the GTO, I went to mainly meet ya'll. I'm glad I did, and will be there next year. I hope 10 years from now we will all be there with 2 GTO's. Our 04-06 models and our 08-x models.

Joe- your welcome, didn't want to see anyone cliped.

To everybody else- if your ever in M-town let me or mike know.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
Bob, you have a KICK ASS car!!! and don't be suprised if next year someone else might have a sign just like yours ;) ;) (it was really cool!)
Awww man you suck. I wanted to be the dude with the kewl sign next year :angel:

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
Blazing Saddles said:
"Trophies. We don't need no stinking trophies!"
I didn't technically sign up for the car show part. I got a card & decided that if people voted for mine, good. I didn't even vote for mine in my category. I left before the awards ceremony, but it does pain me to hear that people got upset over an award. But, I did enjoy dragging Nathan & Mike up there. I'm trying to get Eric & Justin to go next year. Imagine that caravan. :gr_jest:

·
A Dallas Stars GTO
342 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. I saw the sign at one of the local car shows. Several people had them and the person who sells them was at the show. She lives here in the DFW area. When she told me the whole setup was only about $60, it was a no-brainer. If you want one, check out www.afterthoughtsauto.com. Thanks, again.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
That was a nifty little display sign. Usefull in other areas too. I hope she is smart enough to market it outside of car shows as well.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts