LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Turbo Whistle? She's Stock:)
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a good deal on a Street version of the GMM shifter? I've seen prices ranging from $250 to $360. Can anyone help put me into contact with someone who can provide me with the kit for around $250 or somewhere within that ball park?

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Might be closer to 290+. I bought my race version from a member for 300 shipped.

·
Administrator
9,486 Posts
I'm not aware of any authorized vendors selling it for as low as $250. If you find one that cheap I'd be suspicious since the price for a street version from JHP is almost $100 more. Make sure it's the genuine article and 100% complete if you buy it from someone else.

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
JHP's price is about $350, so if you find it for alot less, I would be concerned. As it is, the wholesalers make very little on the part. Once you drive with one, you will forget all about the $$$ spent to get it.

·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TY, for the info, I'll place my order first thing monday morning.

·
GTO no more baaah!
1,150 Posts
It is a good deal at any price you can find it. How much to replace bent internals from a mis-shift?

·
Administrator
9,486 Posts
jamesbiz said:
does it really matter weather i get the racing or the street version?
It depends on your priorities. If you are at all concerned about noise inside the car, get the street version. It will have almost the same feel while still retaining the OEM rubber damper in the lever which keeps much of the noise out. The race version has a solid lever and will transmit more of the transmission and driveline noise into the cabin.
Note that you can always convert the race version to street later on by purchasing the adapter from JHP which will allow you to use the factory lever/damper assembly instead of the GMM lever. The adapter is actually the only difference between the race and street, the shifter itself is the same.

·
Registered
40 Posts
COUPE 4 said:
The GMM Rip shifter is available from JHP.
$309 shipped for the "RACE"
$335 shipped for the "STREET"

you can order via [email protected] or the web site http://www.jhp.com.au/order-form-main.php
Shipping is 5-7 days for delivery

Geoff

I'm a believer!! I received my shifter in about 5 days. Spent a couple of hours installing it and Sirius today in my driveway. The shifter make a huge differance when shifting third and fifth.

·
Administrator
9,486 Posts
VSG said:
Does it require more effort to shift, or is it just shorter throws?
Yes to both. But you won't mind the extra effort because it will actually feel like you are shifting gears instead of moving jello around.

·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I experienced the feel of the shifter today, and all I could say was WOW!!!!!!!!!! I was sold just from experimenting with it from a stand still.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts