LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just joined the board recently due to the purchase of my 04 QS M6 GTO and really like it here. You all hare a great bunch of people.

I am also the service manager for a local Goodyear store in Levittown, PA.

Before you read any further I want you to know that I talked to the board admin and got permission to post this here.

I wanted to let you all know that if you come into our store and ask for me, I can get you some great discounts on tires and service. Or if by the small chance that I am not actually there, you can tell the manager on duty that you know me through the "car club" and he will take care of you as well.

Since we are a Goodyear store, we only stock Goodyear and Dunlop tires in the most popular sizes. But I can get anything in any size, usually within a day or two at the most if it’s available anywhere else locally. Also I can give you better deals on Goodyear and Dunlop tires since we are a company owned factory outlet and can get the tires internally. If you are not local to this store, you can get me the name, address and possibly the phone number of the store close to you that you would like to take the car to and I will "transfer" the tires out there. You can buy the tires from me at my discount and I will arrange to have them at your local store. You would them pay that store for the balancing and labor part of the install and any road hazard warranty that you might want. We can also ship tires if you just want to buy the tires and take them to any local garage you have in mind as well. Just tell me where to send them to and we can work out the shipping arrangements.

On average the discount would be about $10 over store cost per tire and at least a 10% discount on any service work. We also stock Wix filters for oil changes and use Shell oils. But we also have Mobil 1 readily available as well. We are a full service shop and will do just about anything, we have even done complete (stock) motors. The techs are all really knowledgeable and most have been with the company and in my store for many many years. They are not afraid of anything and there hasn't been anything that I have seen that they cannot do.

Here is a link to our store with all the location and contact info if you want to stop by. http://www.goodyeardealers.com/elincoln/

Oh and I should mention that on that website, they have the old name of the shopping center. It's now called Langhorne Square and its on Business Route 1 right across the street from the new Lowes.

I look forward to seeing any of you that feel like coming in and I wanted you all to know that there is a shop out there that you can bring your cars to and know that a fellow board member, GTO owner and all around car guy will be watching your car like it was his own. Not to mention I can hook you up with some good prices. :cool:

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking for all season or mainly just dry and wet? If just dry and wet (no snow) I would recommend the GS-D3. If you are looking for an all season performance tire... to be honest.... the KDWS is probably one of your best choices. I had them on my GTP and got the best times out of quite a few tires at the drag stip, 60's were the same as with my Nitto DRs.

·
2,432 Posts
Shag Finger said:
Are you looking for all season or mainly just dry and wet? If just dry and wet (no snow) I would recommend the GS-D3. If you are looking for an all season performance tire... to be honest.... the KDWS is probably one of your best choices. I had them on my GTP and got the best times out of quite a few tires at the drag stip, 60's were the same as with my Nitto DRs.
I won't have it out in the snow so wet/dry tire is all good. I just want it to hook up as good as it can without getting drag tires.

·
2,432 Posts
Shag Finger is the man. He is getting me a really sweet set of Goodyears, very cheap. When I was lining up the mounting/balancing with a local tire place they told me the price was $4 less than their cost if they were to get me the tires. The shipping costs to get them here is pretty cheap, I was suprised.

If anyone has thought about better tires you should jump on this.

I'm pretty excited for the tires. Thanks Shag Finger!

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problemo dude. Just let me know where you want them sent. FYI. I am only in till 1PM EDT tomorrow and off till 10AM EDT on Thursday. But if you want to order them while I am gone, just call up and ask for Marty, he is the store manager and knows all about it. He can take care of you as well.

I was thinking about a set for myself but not sure if I want to do rims and go with a different size myself. Jury still out on that. LOL and the fact that the car is not even two weeks old, the wife would go out of her mind if I got rims and tires now. :D

·
3,327 Posts
Since you mention Nitto DR's... Can you get those as well?

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can get any tire. Its just a matter of not stocking it on a regular basis so it means that I cant really get the same amount of discount on a tire I dont stock, versus a Goodyear or Dunlop, or Kelly Springfield if you want something on the cheaper side for a truck or every day car.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
hey, what would you suggest in the good year lineup for dry/wet use. No snow except for the occasional oops i drove to work and thers an inch on the ground and i have to drive home super slow.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really the best tire for this car for no to very very very limited snow use as you describe would be the F1 GS-D3 :D

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Shag Finger said:
Really the best tire for this car for no to very very very limited snow use as you describe would be the F1 GS-D3 :D
Hey Shag can you PM me your price on these 245/40/18

Unfortuantely I already bought the Toyo's because I was told everywhere that the GS-D3's were on back order nationwide. The next set are coming from you my friend........it won't be long I am sure.
thanks

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will check them out today and get back to you when I get home tonight. Probably wont be until after 9 PM since I have Tae Kwon Do on Monday and Wednesday nights after work.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok sorry for not getting on last night. Too much going on.

Anyway.... I can get them for about $207 a tire plus shipping (about $45 for 4) and then if you want... I can do road hazzard on the tires for like $15 a tire. I am still trying to work it out so that no sales tax gets charged but haven't figured that one out yet and the person I need to talk to it about is on vacation till next week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts